• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Upper respiratory in feline

kristinrobertson6

Community Member
Registered
Stanley - 10/11 y/o male, neutered, short hair domestic cat, 8.4lbs
B - lethargic, coughing, sneezing, nasal discharge (light green), seems really uncomfortable ?sore throat however still eating fine
E - low energy, sleeping mostly but wakes up when feeding time
A - Is eating normally but appears uncomfortable after and coughs more after eating, not much of a drinker but I just started feeding part raw (ironwillraw), part R.C. PD
M - Still pleasant but lethargic and sleeps lots

vaccination - Feb 2022 - Milbemax 16mg, Rabies
Dec 2020 - FVRCP - 3 yr, Purevax 3, Rabies
not sure with previous vaccinations but most likely similar.
-summer of 2021 gave revolution plus for a few months and may have used it for a couple of months in summer of 2022
-Had exposure to mold in previous house - I personally had mold toxicity myself so I assume my cats did as well but never checked

The primary problem is that Stanley has been sick with most likely upper respiratory infection and he has been coughing, sneezing, w/ slight green nasal discharge and very lethargic. I took him to an emergency vet July 9th bc he had been really lethargic that day and had been sneezing and coughing for several days. They did some bloodwork which they were not concerned about. They found he had a low heart rate and mumur and sent him home to recover from possible upper respiratory infection and suggested ceterizine 5mg (used once and didn't notice a difference). I possible attributed the low heart rate to him just coming from his first time 2hr session of EES (energy enhancement system - bio scalar energy). I thought that it would be helpful which it seemed to be but he was lethargic on the way home so I stopped by the vet emergency bc my vet was closed for the weekend. He then got better over the next week and again became ill with the same symptoms and went to the vet on July 18th where they found him to have upper respiratory infection and gave him zeniquin 12.5 mg for 8 days orally and he is on day 5.

Stanley has a history of becoming sick every year or year and a half over the past 3 years where he seems so ill that he does not always look like he will recover. He seems like he has a pretty sore throat and I was looking for any way to help him feel better especially with the coughing and throat. I just started with adding raw food to his diet bc I was concerned that he wasn't getting enough nutrition. I also went out last weekend and bought phytoplanktin by adored beast and Turkey Tail Mushrooms Restore by Myco - Biome which I have been adding to his food. He doesn't seem to be getting any better and was looking for any advice.

Thanks, Kristin

stanbwmove.JPG

Attachments

• stancough.mp4
    4.7 MB

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Kristin!

I'm super sorry to hear about Stanley. :confused:

Yes, the recurrent symptoms sure sound like they may be associated with (but not caused by) an upper respiratory virus like herpes or calici.
Stanley has a history of becoming sick every year or year and a half over the past 3 years
When was the possible mold exposure?

Maybe try adding Felix's Flora from Adored Beast and consider using an herbal support like this:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom