• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Chronic Ear Infection Help! Hematoma Formed..

DemitriH

Community Member
Registered
Hi! My name is Demitri. Im new here looking to help my Olde English Bulldogge Knox.

Knox is 7 years old with chronic ear infections. I've done the vet visits and they always come back within months.

Because of this, he has his first hematoma. I really don't have the funds for the vet for it to just come back in a couple of months.

He always has plenty energy but he's very uncomfortable because he also has super flaky skin with a film like substance that rubs off on anything he rubs up against. Even after a bath.

In between his paws gets yeasty and pink and he licks them. He does a lot of shaking especially lately with the hematoma.

His ears flare and get very nasty and wet and red. Then they get dry and look much better but always look messed up again. Especially now and especially after playing in the grass.

My question is.. is there a holistic way to get this to go down or away? I antibiotics could possibly prolong the healing so I really don't want to put him any again.

What's the solution here? Thank you! I have a trip to Canada next week and he always comes with me. I just want a peace of mind for the both of before we go.

Thank you so much

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Demitri, yes, there is much you can do to help, but nothing, most likely, that will affect him by next week:) That said, you should look at this as a general, global, health issue - it's just a reflection of his inner state, and simply trying to treat the symptoms - his ears - will not bring results, and, as you have seen, just perpetuate.
The first thing to address might be his diet - what are you feeding him, and is it full of unprocessed whole foods such as real raw meat and plants? How is his "happiness"? Is he comfortable otherwise, with lots of interesting exercise, perhaps some games you play, and slow, exploratory "sniff walks"?
I would advise you to explore our website, read the Pet Care 101 course, and eventually consider consulting with one of our expert holistic or homeopathic practitioners to help him adjust his whole system so that he need not express his imbalance through his ears:)

Yeah, been there, done that, with my "teacher dog" a bully many years ago. There is every hope of getting him all balanced out again:) Ask further, as you explore.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Demetri!

Welcome to HA! and thanks so much for making your first post.

I'm sorry to hear about Knox's chronic ear challenges.
is there a holistic way to get this to go down or away?
Yes!
What's the solution here?
Great question!! Thanks so much for asking. :snowman: ???

The answer is everything we teach at HA!

Ginny already pointed you to some super important resources.

IMHO this process of holistic (and scientific) wellness starts with a mindset shift.

Start by cancelling any limiting beliefs that may be fixed in your head. Symptoms, dis-eases and diagnoses are big triggers of the fixed mindset.

HA! is all about shifting into the re-growth mindset. Which is the state of infinite and quantum healing.

The facts are that nature (and animals) are designed to rebalance. It's super important to trust this:

Knox's ear issues are a manifestation of an immune imbalance (aka "allergy").

Perhaps, as Ginny mentioned, start with making sure that his food is helping and not hurting the situation.

Then move on to the HA! 101 course and then start exploring the ear and allergy resources in the member area as well as on the forum.

Also, start learning even more about the rue significance of all of Knox's symptoms and start a wellness journal for him.

@Dr. Christina, perhaps you would share more about the benefits of journaling and how to do it.

DemitriH

Community Member
Registered
Demitri, yes, there is much you can do to help, but nothing, most likely, that will affect him by next week:) That said, you should look at this as a general, global, health issue - it's just a reflection of his inner state, and simply trying to treat the symptoms - his ears - will not bring results, and, as you have seen, just perpetuate.
The first thing to address might be his diet - what are you feeding him, and is it full of unprocessed whole foods such as real raw meat and plants? How is his "happiness"? Is he comfortable otherwise, with lots of interesting exercise, perhaps some games you play, and slow, exploratory "sniff walks"?
I would advise you to explore our website, read the Pet Care 101 course, and eventually consider consulting with one of our expert holistic or homeopathic practitioners to help him adjust his whole system so that he need not express his imbalance through his ears:)

Yeah, been there, done that, with my "teacher dog" a bully many years ago. There is every hope of getting him all balanced out again:) Ask further, as you explore.
Hi Ginny!

Thanks for responding. I guess I should of worded that differently. I'm not naive to think he will be healed by next week. I've been holistically healing myself for years now. Nothing happens over night and it's ALL about the root causes. I more so wanted the peace of mind that I didn't "have" to go to the vet, spend a lot of money and be back here within a few months. I really don't want him on antibiotics either because I know that can set him back a little. I'm just not familiar with dogs in this aspect and was highly recommended to this platform.

With that being said.. he eats this brand called "Ollie" beef and sweet potato half baked kibble half cooked. Ill attach the full ingredient list below.

He's uncomfortable. He shakes his head, licks his paws .. but he's happy when playing or walking until he's not. Meaning once he starts rolling around non stop, I know its time to go inside. He hasn't been getting much exercise lately. It's because I've been busy but also because he always flares up.

"teacher dog" I love that because I say it all the time. My poor guy. I will check out the Pet Care 101 course asap!! Thank you so much Ginny. I really appreciate you!

IMG_4274.PNG

DemitriH

Community Member
Registered
Hey Demetri!

Welcome to HA! and thanks so much for making your first post.

I'm sorry to hear about Knox's chronic ear challenges.

Yes!

Great question!! Thanks so much for asking. :snowman: ???

The answer is everything we teach at HA!

Ginny already pointed you to some super important resources.

IMHO this process of holistic (and scientific) wellness starts with a mindset shift.

Start by cancelling any limiting beliefs that may be fixed in your head. Symptoms, dis-eases and diagnoses are big triggers of the fixed mindset.

HA! is all about shifting into the re-growth mindset. Which is the state of infinite and quantum healing.

The facts are that nature (and animals) are designed to rebalance. It's super important to trust this:

Knox's ear issues are a manifestation of an immune imbalance (aka "allergy").

Perhaps, as Ginny mentioned, start with making sure that his food is helping and not hurting the situation.

Then move on to the HA! 101 course and then start exploring the ear and allergy resources in the member area as well as on the forum.

Also, start learning even more about the rue significance of all of Knox's symptoms and start a wellness journal for him.

@Dr. Christina, perhaps you would share more about the benefits of journaling and how to do it.
Hi again Dr. Jeff!

Thanks a lot for the warm welcome.

I 100% agree with you on the shifting of the mindset! ??

Yes, so I attached the food he eats and ingredient list in my response to Ginny. I will definetly start a journal for him to log things.

Is there any input on the hematoma on his ear? I will look into all the resources you both shared but will it drain on its own with certain remedies or by itself? or should I drain it? I would say that's whats bothering him the most at the moment and he's already got a hold of it once and cut it (drew blood slightly) which seemed like it drained slightly but filled right back up. He's been in a cone for a couple of weeks now ( which is holding on by a thread lol)

Thank you so much though! Truly.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome!
will it drain on its own with certain remedies or by itself?
Great question!

The fluid in the ear will re-absorb over time.

Since he is happy, healing and not bothered by his ear when he is outside walking, sniffing and playing how about doubling the frequency (not necessarily the period of time) that he does that between now and when you leave.

BTW-Does he like riding in the car?

DemitriH

Community Member
Registered
You're welcome!

Great question!

The fluid in the ear will re-absorb over time.

Since he is happy, healing and not bothered by his ear when he is outside walking, sniffing and playing how about doubling the frequency (not necessarily the period of time) that he does that between now and when you leave.

BTW-Does he like riding in the car?
Well that's great. The most he does when it's not badly flared is shake his head and try to scratch here and there. Will the shaking of his head prevent the fluid from reabsorbing over time? I tried the happy hoodie but it just comes right off and honestly seems like it holds a lot of moisture in his ear. The hoodie hets disgusting to say the least.

I'll just keep cleaning the ear and be more frequent with his walk, sniffing and playing! So, he's fine with car rides lol he hated them the first few times years back. Now, he just gets bored ? and wants to get out the car to explore. Whenever he thinks were going on a trip he gets extremely excited and runs to the car and sits there ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom