• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Allergies and ear infection

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
1. Meeka
2. 4 years 8 months
3. Male
4. In tact
5. German German shepherd long coat
6. 75 lbs
7. Ear Infection - Problem started about a month ago. Groomer found sore with yellow pus - yeast? below external ear flap. Turned into sore, hot inner ear and really bothered him.
Used aconite 100m and arnica 100m. Took the pain away. But he was still shaking his head. Used belladonna 1m several times. All seemed well for about a week but then it returned. I have used witch hazel with aloe and 3 drops of oil of oregano on cotton ball and wiped inside. There is no discharge. This is his right ear. Although His left ear may be affected as of now. He continues to shake his head.
This started because this summer he loved to play in the water several times a day. I could not get him totally dry because of the long coat. He no longer plays in the water. We play with a flirt pole instead.
8. Worse when cold and damp
9. No diagnostic.
10. see above
11. Maybe allergies? Sebaceous cyst on right back side. No discharge at this time. Has a hot spot on the under side of his tail (2 inches) up near his anus.
12. 60% raw beef with organ meat broccoli, carrots, quinoa 40% beef freshpet. Considering changing to chicken.
13. parvo distemper - all puppy shots given by breeder. We got Meeka at 5 months, 1st rabies 4-24-2019 1 year, 2nd rabies 03/14/2021 1 year, Third Rabies 03/06/2022 3 year
distemper-parvo Titer 03/24/2023 Positive Takes quercitin w bromelain 400 mg a day and Whole Body supplement 3/4 tsp twice a day.
14. Very friendly, loves people and dogs. Has a lot of drive. Loves to play.
15. Good behavior, Good energy, appetite is good, Mood is a little docile and clingy when his ear hurts.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Penny!

Thanks for making your first post.

Meeka sounds like a real sweetheart. Do you have any pics of him?

Try wiping out his ears daily with:

Any history of GI problems or other health challenges (ever?)?

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
Hi Penny!

Thanks for making your first post.

Meeka sounds like a real sweetheart. Do you have any pics of him?

Try wiping out his ears daily with:

Any history of GI problems or other health challenges (ever?)?
No history of GI problems or other health challenges! He has been on raw only since March.?
Attached are two pictures. I for to mention the discharge from his eyes in the one picture.

IMG_2184.PNG

IMG_2328.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
He's a lucky, happy and handsome fella!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Penny!

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
I have been wiping Meeks's
ears since December 20. But I'm not real sure that I am doing this correctly. My groomer told me just a couple days ago that she cleaned a lot of yellow gunk from his right ear.
and that leads me to believe that I'm not wiping correctly if I may say it that way.

Also right now his ear right ear is very sore. It is inflamed tonight but it was not yesterday. I know that it is sore because we were playing and messing around and I accidentally just hit that ear and he really yelped
so I know that natural healing takes a while more so than conventional healing, but I just wanted to express my concern here that it seems that it is worse.
I have not purchased the snuffle mat however, I am using my backyard as a snuffle mat and placing small little training treats around different places and he sniffed them out. II an attempting to do the sniffing and hope that that helps.
I guess I just wanted to know , if there's anything else I could do or is it time for a homeopathic vet?
I tend to be too worrisome about his ears based on past experience with my last German Shepherd, who became deaf because we could not get a handle on the ear infection, so I'm just appreciate your your comments and any assistance that any of you could offer me. Thank you

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
, if there's anything else I could do or is it time for a homeopathic vet?
Great question Penny. Yes, there is more that you could do. However now might be a great time to start working with a vet homeopath.

Perhaps schedule a 15 minute HMDMM call with myself or Dr. Christina to help you form a game plan for your handsome big boy.

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
We began working with Dr. Jef as our holistic vet of choice and had our first session last week. He is on his first remedy pulsatilla 200 C.

I noticed today that Meeka is moaning a bit when he is laying on the floor with me in my office. So today I looked at his right ear.
I folded it back to the part that you can see. It is not red or inflamed, but from the outside the base of the ear is very hot to the touch. Now when I would go in to use the wipes, I might be doing it wrong, but the wipe doesn't go down into the inner part of the ear?. I but chose to take a cotton coil and put it down in the inner ear .I really stuffed it down in there and then I noticed that it was kind of like he's got water in there, so so I pushed it as far as I could and I pulled it out and a picture of it is is attached, so maybe Later tonight I may do this again and perhaps that's the problem I don't know.

IMG_2414.jpeg

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
I suspect you are new to homeopathy. Do start reading all we share here in the forum and on the main site. Maybe get Don Hamilton's and Wendy Jensen's books (homeopathy for cats and dogs & Practical handbook of veterinary homeopathy.

The remedy was prescribed on many symptoms, not merely the ear to as closely match Meeka's total energy field. It is important for you to focus on ALL symptoms, especially including BEAM. In spite of the moaning, is Meeka happier, more active, more interactive, etc? Have any other symptoms changed?

It is great to report changes like this to your homeopath and Dr. Jeff will read it here. Your job is to report, then to not worry, to be positive, to visualize the healing that is happening (even with temporary worsening which can be a good sign), to offer some healing energy, massage, distraction (what brings Meeka the most joy - do that), etc.

I would not try cleaning the ear right now. I will let Dr. Jeff, since he is prescribing to suggest anything topical or not.

In HMDM the first step is setting a goal, and the best goal is deep healing. On the journey of health, there can be some ups and downs and patience is needed.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Penny!

Have you given the Puls yet? If you did, were there any changes in Meeka's BEAM after giving it (before today's moaning)?
I might be doing it wrong
Perhaps consider a vet visit both for an exam and to have the vet show you how to wipe out his ears.

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
Hey Penny!

Have you given the Puls yet? If you did, were there any changes in Meeka's BEAM after giving it (before today's moaning)?

Perhaps consider a vet visit both for an exam and to have the vet show you how to wipe out his ears.

Hey Penny!

I gave it to him last Thursday. Haven't seen appreciable changes. He may be a little more energetic. The moaning is more like a bored sigh and may not be related to the ear at all.

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
I suspect you are new to homeopathy. Do start reading all we share here in the forum and on the main site. Maybe get Don Hamilton's and Wendy Jensen's books (homeopathy for cats and dogs & Practical handbook of veterinary homeopathy.

The remedy was prescribed on many symptoms, not merely the ear to as closely match Meeka's total energy field. It is important for you to focus on ALL symptoms, especially including BEAM. In spite of the moaning, is Meeka happier, more active, more interactive, etc? Have any other symptoms changed?

It is great to report changes like this to your homeopath and Dr. Jeff will read it here. Your job is to report, then to not worry, to be positive, to visualize the healing that is happening (even with temporary worsening which can be a good sign), to offer some healing energy, massage, distraction (what brings Meeka the most joy - do that), etc.

I would not try cleaning the ear right now. I will let Dr. Jeff, since he is prescribing to suggest anything topical or not.

In HMDM the first step is setting a goal, and the best goal is deep healing. On the journey of health, there can be some ups and downs and patience is needed.

Dr. Christina
Dr. Cheistina
I am not new to homeopathy and have had Don Hamilton's book for several years. And not new to holistic (spiritual) Ways. Am using your suggestions. Thank you.

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
I gave it to him last Thursday. Haven't seen appreciable changes. He may be a little more energetic. The moaning is more like a bored sigh and may not be related to the ear at all.

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Cheistina
I am not new to homeopathy and have had Don Hamilton's book for several years. And not new to holistic (spiritual) Ways. Am using your suggestions. Thank you.

PennyS

Community Member
Registered
Hey Penny!

Just wanted to say, I have checked with a groomer of 30 years and she confirmed that I am wiping his ears correctly. A free consultation!!! Holding on the vet exam.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom