• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Your Pets, Flu and COVID-19 ?

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Dr. Scott Weese is a conventional veterinary epidemiologist who writes the Worms and Germs blog:
This is a calm, well thought out blog addressing the numerous and sometimes frightening stories about animals and how they may or may not be affected and infected by the novel coronavirus. He also blogs about other public health subjects, but lately COVID has been such a worry for so many people that it has dominated the blog.
This is likely the most accessible, reasonable source of conventional information I have seen on the subject!
Dr. Sara

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
A great book to read about infectious diseases and homeopathy is by Kate Birch - Vaccine Free Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Contagious Disease with Homeopathy. She gives a great overview of homeopathy and its philosophy on fevers and the immune system. She then specifically covers over 30 infectious illnesses. If you are very ill I would also be working with a homeopath.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Dr. Pitcairn continues to send us reports of people who have become ill recently, taken one dose of Nux vomica 30c and recovered. Some were positive for the corona virus.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
As Richard says, Nux vomica does seem to be one of the "genus epidemicus" homeopathic medicines for covid.

Bryonia and Arsenicum still appear to be most common both for treatment as well as for prevention.

Others that correspond to some individuals, based on their symptoms are Eupatorium, Gelsemium, Nux. Sulphur, and Phosphorus.

Dr. Cooney's Empower Hour! webinars, which are available in the member, area, have lots more great info. about genus epidemicus, infections and epidemics.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi @everyone-

There's been a lot going on in the molecular biology of SARS and covid world in the past few months. This introduction to a recent newsletter points out a bit of our society's shift to "follow the science":

"You know you’re living in surreal times when your 10-year-old nephew uses the word “comorbidity” as easily as he discusses his favorite cartoon character. While the coronavirus pandemic has claimed more than 1.3 million lives and infected more than 55 million people worldwide, it has also forced a world otherwise entranced by 15-second dances and lip-syncs to recognize the unparalleled power of patient, rigorous medical science as the only way out of such crises. Over the past week, we’ve seen major advances toward a potential COVID-19 vaccine. Away from the limelight, scientists have also been developing pathbreaking treatments for lower-priority, but still life-threatening diseases and other medical challenges — therapies that might well seem inspired by science fiction"

More to come...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow! More exciting research from molecular biologists investigating parts of the terrain!!

One article in Cell (a scientific journal) is about the inflammatory mediators found in patients with cytokine storm and severe covid. However, it notes that this is a subset of patients and that most people with covid symptoms do not get cytokine storm. It all depends on the individual manifestation from the SARS-CoV-2 exposure.

This is a few words from a commentary article from the latest issue:

"Fast and Flexible
2020 will be remembered for what seems to be a growing list of awful events. However, it will also be remembered as a year that demonstrated the remarkable pace at which science can move. We have gone from zero knowledge of a novel infectious pneumonia to clinical trials of promising new therapeutics and vaccines in less than a year—this simply hasn’t been done before. This pace would not have been possible without the empathy, flexibility, tenacity, and urgency of authors and reviewers.

The community has skillfully adapted to a dramatically altered and rapidly changing scientific environment. We hope that by proactively offering flexibility on reviewer and revision deadlines we alleviated some small measure of the stress of an extraordinarily difficult year. This year we have also worked with authors to help them prioritize precious lab time into must-have versus nice-to-have revisions, communicated with authors and reviewers to reach understanding and manage expectations, and as always, tried to make the process fair and constructive. The already slippery task of defining what advances will move a field forward has also been magnified by the breakneck speed of COVID-19 research. We’ve seen that bar shift in real time as researchers, through the manuscripts they send and the reviewer comments they provide, are refining their thinking day by day."

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow! There's lot of info. to share about the new covid vaccines. We can discuss them below or in a new thread. In the meantime, here's a video chat between Alec Baldwin and Robert Kennedy with some wise words about vaccination:

Julie W.

All-Access Member
Registered
I look forward to reading the information on the covid vaccines.
New thread or this thread.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I am so grateful for Dr. Jeff's scientific background and interest in finding articles and information on vaccines, illnesses, molecular basis for health and more.

Dr. christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
@Julie W. , we don't have enough info yet about the vaccines. When we do, I will definitely share what I learn.

Thanks @Dr. Christina! I think you know that research is my passion.

Here's an interesting article for @everyone (maybe an article in 2021 will even talk about the terrain!):

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Well, almost every day I'm being sent articles about covid vaccine issues. But it's still too early to determine if this is any more than we'd expect from any vaccine. Time will tell and please still follow your doctor's advice (if you're comfortable with it)...

I did however want to share one piece of good news about the effect of the pandemic on the environment. This is Logan airport on 11/27/20:airport (Logan) empty on 11:27:20.png

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, I can't believe that I haven't posted in this thread for over a year!

I am posting today because t it looks like the pandemic is transitioning to an endemic (much like flu, measles, etc.).

Mandates and restrictions are finally being lifted (even in super strict areas like California and Quebec).

As with flu viruses, we'll probably see new variants (and vaccines) every year. As with flu, some people may *choose* to get their annual flu/covid shot.

However this may again be overly optimistic (as was the first post in this thread about the duration of the pandemic) but it looks like we're quickly heading toward a new "normal" by Easter/Memorial Day.

But then again, in March of 2020 I thought that it would only take a few months to "follow the science"...

There's plentiful scientific knowledge about the dynamic equilibrium, homeostasis and balance that we use to keep our pets healthy. Hopefully as we focus more and more on them and a sustainable wellness model, more emphasis will be placed on maintaining balance of the internal and external terrain ("milieu").

There's been a tremendous amount of harmful socioeconomic effects and suffering from SARS-CoV-2 but I think we also have SARS and covid to thank for the current movement to self-care and focus on balance.

A few of the HA! resources are below, along with an awe-some pandemic recap movie that Dr. Lisa just shared:

JeanG

All-Access Member
Registered
As Richard says, Nux vomica does seem to be one of the "genus epidemicus" homeopathic medicines for covid.

Bryonia and Arsenicum still appear to be most common both for treatment as well as for prevention.

Others that correspond to some individuals, based on their symptoms are Eupatorium, Gelsemium, Nux. Sulphur, and Phosphorus.

Dr. Cooney's Empower Hour! webinars, which are available in the member, area, have lots more great info. about genus epidemicus, infections and epidemics.
Hi All! I have found this thread so useful over the pandemic years. Thank you all. I have been treating my very senior dog Rascal with Dr. Jeff’s excellent help for the last 4-5 years. And learned quite a lot about homeopathy from that process! ?Rascal is under excellent care.

Now I have covid. I am curious if the main homeopathic remedies as mentioned in this post are still the top recs? This is my experience so far and I am curious what I may want to consider next. Maybe it will also be useful to share for others.

I have cycled through Nux (did not prevent intense nausea, headache, and muscle aches), Gelsemium (helped me vomit each time and relaxed muscles but did not relieve forehead/inner eye lobe headache—nausea went away progressively), and currently Cincona (milder improvement, thirst strong now and seems to put me to sleep for linger periods—headache continued for a day or so in forehead but has moved to infrequent random sporadic pains around skull; now have level 3/4 chest pressure, hoarseness, dry cracked lips, mildly stuffy nose, infrequent sneezes, App a little improved at 3 maybe 4). Canker sores on tip of tongue during all.

Trying to practice deep breathing and get some fresh air and sit indoors in the sun.

I feel awkward posting about myself v my pup but figure the topic is relevant to most everyone! And if there are any of the latest resources or updates, I am sure that beneficial as well.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jean!

Thanks so much for the super kind words and thanks as well for the amazing care and love you're sharing with Rascal.
Now I have covid. I am curious if the main homeopathic remedies as mentioned in this post are still the top recs?

Oh dear Jean. I'm so sorry to hear about your covid symptoms.

Yes, the main remedies are very similar (based on the specific symptoms) though Dr. Saine is now relying heavily on Carboneum oxygenatum in addition to Bry:

Thanks for asking, and I hope you get well soon.

MauraF

All-Access Member
Registered
French General Praises Unjabbed Citizens: ‘You Embody the Best of Humanity, You Are Superheroes’

Attachments

• French General Praises Unjabbed Citizens_ ‘You Embody the Best of… (1).pdf
    29.1 KB · Views: 3

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing these powerful words from the French general Maura.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom