• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Stress and Susceptibility to Disease

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi again @everyone!

I just started a thread with a deeper dive into testing for Lyme and other tick borne dis-eases.

Here's another technical article with some great info. about why animals (and people) get sick:

This concept of susceptibility is super important and forms the foundation of many of the actions you learn at HA!

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
Hi again @everyone!

I just started a thread with a deeper dive into testing for Lyme and other tick borne dis-eases.

Here's another technical article with some great info. about why animals (and people) get sick:

This concept of susceptibility is super important and forms the foundation of many of the actions you learn at HA!
Interesting opening paragraph as it makes me think about how we have heard of so many animal shelters that have animals with respiratory infections...shelters are a stressful environment!

DayshaG

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff interesting article. I think most of us humans can relate to this ourselves...I sure can. And how our pets can sense the changes in their own environment, I feel from experience, to their owners stress.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
so many animal shelters that have animals with respiratory infections...shelters are a stressful environment!
Exactly! More and more of them are implementing programs that decrease stress and susceptibility to dis-eases.

Seemingly small actions like volunteers visiting with and engaging the animals, increasing environmental enrichment, feeding a bit better food, etc. all add up to work wonders to decrease all health challenges.
pets can sense their owners stress.
Exactly! The more we can "Go With The Flow" the better we will all feel.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom