• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Natural Wormers

JenniferC

Registered
We adopted a puppy from a rescue group. Gus (yellow lab mix is best guess) is around 10-12 weeks old and his BEAM is great. According to his records, he was given Paracur for worms one month ago. He was given two Neopar vaccines and was eating conventional puppy food. Gus had a few fleas when he arrived. He transitioned easily to a fresh food diet and is great friends with Piper our other dog, and we adore him already. I noticed some tape worms in his poop this morning (In researching it looks like chemical wormers can cause expelling of segments but head remains and regrows...). I read various parasite threads on the forum and I noted Verm-X and Para-outta-site as natural options. Unfortunately, it looks like Verm-x for dogs is not available in the US now (unless I missed it somewhere) and the Para-outta-site is not available on Jackson Galaxy or any where else I could find. Does any one have updates on the products that have been mentioned in the forum? I also read that improving heath and diet leads in puppies leads to them naturally expelling the tapeworms so wondering if a wait and see approach is warranted following a healthy diet?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Congratulations Jennifer on your new baby! I'd love to see some puppy pics!

Yes, it is very possible that these tapeworms are being expelled naturally due to an improvement in his immune system.

Keep doing what you're doing! :snowman:

Are you still seeing any fleas (which can re-infect him with the tapes?).

@Dr. Sara may know more about the availability of VermX.

Another great way to support his intestines to act as a natural dewormer is:

JenniferC

Registered
Congratulations Jennifer on your new baby! I'd love to see some puppy pics!

Yes, it is very possible that these tapeworms are being expelled naturally due to an improvement in his immune system.

Keep doing what you're doing! :snowman:

Are you still seeing any fleas (which can re-infect him with the tapes?).

@Dr. Sara may know more about the availability of VermX.

Another great way to support his intestines to act as a natural dewormer is:

Gus 6.22.21.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Jennifer.

Gus is one lucky pup to have you and is a beautiful baby!?

Dr. Sara

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Verm-X is available from the UK -that's where I get it!

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi! I tried to buy VermX but they said they can not ship to the US. Their response:

"We do not ship products to the USA as the FDA decided it did not like our UK product or our name we now send the herbal blend to the US and have the product made for us in the US. Chubby Mealworms did sell it for us in the US but it has now been rebranded as Biomexity and available on our own US site, Biomexity.com Currently there are products made for horses, poultry, cats and dogs."

Biomexity only has treats available....not just liquid. Their advice was:

into the treats made there, but we have had to call them Biomexity as mentioned below.

"For that particular burden you would require a prolonged course of double the usual amount, for at least a month. If at all possible it would be worth looking at Ebay or Amazon and see if anyone would send the liquid to US. If you can get hold of the liquid then your dog would require a double quantity of the liquid given for 7 days instead of 3 days.
Our holistic vet has advised that it will then usually sort itself out after around 3weeks.( which is how long Verm-X can take to become fully effective if it has never been used before)."

Just wondering if anyone has had success finding the liquid VermX versus the treats. I am trying to avoid the treats bc seems like needs a longer treatment course ...? And bc has chicken flavoring (TT has an allergy).

Anyone have a link to be able to have the VermX liquid shipped or bought in US?

I found some on eBay but takes ~month+ to ship. I also found it on Bigamart.com --which I ordered but still not sure if it will ship bc the online store seems to have a questionable reputation ?

I just ordered the Para Outta Site.

I was not going to treat but I can't tell if it is causing her belly upset and just seems weird to have this parasite hanging out ?

If she has tapeworms....is it usually 1 worm or multiple? ?

Thanks everyone!!

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Are you still seeing the tapeworm segments?
They can have one to dozens of tapes attached in the intestine. One client who used the para-outta-site got a cup of adult worms out of her big dog.
Tapes usually do not cause much illness.

I am contacting @Dr. Hofve and Jackson to see when the para-outta-site will be available.

Keep working with a good fresh diet, breathing, mental and physical exercises and intending/visualizing good health.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Para-outta-site is available today
Dr. Christina

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi! Thank you Dr Christina!

I ordered the para-outta-site....just trying to find VermX too.

yes she has segments in most poops. Ranging from 2-10.

I thought with tapeworms, they usually didnt pass the actual worm...that it got "digested" by the intestines...?

She has been sick today -some vomiting and lots of sleeping...I thought maybe it could be her worms...?

thank you again!

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff -- I'm curious about the dosage for Kochi Free. Directions are to give orally UP TO 4 TIMES DAILY.

Where would I start? This might be an 'it depends' question. The info might be helpful to others, not just me.

I have an appointment with you tomorrow for Charlie so haven't asked the question until I saw this thread. I've been using para-outta-site for quite a while. We can discuss making a switch when we talk about a new remedy tomorrow.

Thanks!

Kristen

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Great question Kristen!

It does indeed depend on Charlie's sensitivity to the supplement.

Have you tested his response to a dose or two of it yet?

kristen_acri

All-Access Member
Registered
Just saw this @Dr. Jeff -- I haven't given him any yet. Trying to not start new things since giving him the new remedy (sulphur).

HMDM call tomorrow, Friday.

Thanks!

Kristen

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom