• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

My 2 year old cat is drinking alot of water

AnnaH

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

My 2 year old cat seems to be drinking alot of water. I’m going to try and collect his urine and take it to the vet to get tested. He was born a feral cats and I rescued him and his sister a year and a half ago. I’ve been feeding them, Darwins, and now have added in small batch. I have been giving him a little bit of vitamin B 12, zinc and barley juice, grass powder all by vimergy. Sometimes I give them some salt, free sardines, and freeze dried treats. I was really strict about giving him only healthy things but he loves dry food and treats. He loves to chase them when I throw them across the floor. Unfortunately, for the last six months or so I have been giving him some of these treats because it makes him so happy to chase them across the floor. He does not have the same reaction with the freeze dried treats. I am weaning off of giving him this. He also has a little bit of Weruva Chicken frick a zee canned food. He loves churu lickable treats. I will get his unrine tested but in the meantime are there any ways I can support his kidneys/body through food and supplements? I’m going to really try to stop giving him any of the conventional hard treats. Should I remove or add any food? Thank you all!!

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
How long has this been going on? Dry food/treats, even freeze-dried treats, are dehydrating, so if he's been eating more of those that could account for it. Darwin's is complete so zinc is unnecessary and can easily be overdosed. The greens may be too much as well. Maybe simplify everything and see how it goes.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom