• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Goldenseal for teeth & urine health

Vani

Community Member
Registered
Hello,

I’m looking to support my kitties teeth health and urine health with Goldenseal. I have the Vimergy Goldenseal. Is this safe to give to cats and if so, what are the lower and higher level dosaging options that are safe for cats?

I’ll be posting more questions in a separate post regarding their teeth health, as we will be getting them dental cleaning soon. I just wanted to know the answer to my questions regarding Goldenseal dosages first. Thank you.

Pet details:
  1. Your pet's name: Luna & Franky
  2. Approximate age: 7 yrs old
  3. Sex: Luna is female, Franky is male
  4. Neutering status Yes
  5. Breed Siamese & Tabby mix (both)
  6. Approximate weight 10 & 12 lbs
  7. What's their BEAM (behavior, energy, appetite, mood) All are good, except both of their teeth are not in good condition. Luna will sometimes have a little blood in her urine. We notice it maybe every 3-4 months.
  8. Diet Raw rabbit from Viva Raw, Franky eats raw Turkey necks (Luna won’t touch those). Sometimes Turkey heart as a snack, or cooked unsalted wild caught salmon (human grade).
  9. Vaccination history / exposure to toxins, other medication: Right when we adopted them, they had ringworm so we didn’t know any better and gave them oral anti-fungals and took them to vet for sulphur baths for 2 month period. Then later they showed symptoms of a herpetic virus because their eyes would become severely swollen. They were given steroids and antibiotics several times. Then later we learned to give them L-Lysine and that symptom hasn’t come back. They now take the Vimergy L-Lysine and Vimergy Micro-C. They received vaccines up until Sept 2019. They don’t get them any longer.
  10. Primary problem, when it began and if there was anything else happening around that time - They’ve had gingivitis when they were young. It’s gotten worse. We did deer velvet for 7 months and it helped a little but not enough. We will be getting their teeth cleaned. For Luna’s UTI’s they seem to hold off with periods of less often with Vimergy micro-C daily. Is the condition better or worse from exercise, heat, cold, time of day, certain foods, emotional upset, being touched, excitement, etc? Not sure what makes gingivitis better, nothing we’ve tried up until now has made it better. Micro-C seems to help with UTI’s but doesn’t go away completely.
  11. Has any diagnostic work been done? Diagnosis if available (you can attach your diagnostic tests to the post if you have them) the cats teeth were seen 7 months ago, the vet recommended teeth cleaning. I’ll post more about that in a separate post.
  12. Current and previous treatment tried: Micro-C, found rabbit which Luna enjoys so much more & more play. For their teeth: brush teeth with deer velvet spray.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I'm pretty excited to have found "Teef!", a biological solution for both cats and dogs. It's a bacterial culture added to their drinking water, a different product for either species. A tiny amount of powder treats a big water bowl, and whatever they drink helps. Check out the eponymous website for more. I'm pretty impressed, as it helps us visibly in a few weeks; I will keep it up. I'd love to hear how it goes with your kitties:)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Vani!
what are the lower and higher level dosaging options that are safe for cats?
Great question! Yes, Goldenseal is safe for kitties (tho they may not like the lemon in the Vimergy version). Perhaps start with 1 drop. The upper dose depends on their individual sensitivity (some kitties max out at 2 or 3 drops, others can tolerate much more).

However, no supplement of food addresses the underlying energetic cause for dental dis-ease, gingivitis, UTIs, URTIs, etc.

In addition, all these health challenges are connected (by the same internal imbalance).

Consider adding in therapies that address the root cause like TCVM, homeopathy, Reiki, etc.

Vani

Community Member
Registered
Hey Vani!

Great question! Yes, Goldenseal is safe for kitties (tho they may not like the lemon in the Vimergy version). Perhaps start with 1 drop. The upper dose depends on their individual sensitivity (some kitties max out at 2 or 3 drops, others can tolerate much more).

However, no supplement of food addresses the underlying energetic cause for dental dis-ease, gingivitis, UTIs, URTIs, etc.

In addition, all these health challenges are connected (by the same internal imbalance).

Consider adding in therapies that address the root cause like TCVM, homeopathy, Reiki, etc.
Hi Dr Jeff, is there a brand that has a more tolerable Goldenseal for the kitties then the Vimergy brand? I was thinking of putting it in their food. I was also considering putting some in a spray bottle to spray their teeth. Or putting it on their tooth brush if that’s easier. Let me know what you recommend.

We purchased the Teef to put into their water.

For the Pulsatilla 30, I dissolve one pellet in a glass of water. Then with a Q tip, how often do I put the Q tip to her gums, was it 10 times? To confirm, is this the homeopathy that will help with the underlying imbalance causing the teeth issues? You had asked if she burps, which I haven’t noticed, but she’ll sometimes dry heave right before she eats dinner. It’s like she gets so anxious sometimes so I distract her and she’ll stop dry heaving, then she’ll eat her food without any issues or throwing up.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
brand that has a more tolerable Goldenseal for the kitties

How about this one:

Any homeopathic medicine will need to be individualized for Luna and Franky in order to address the underlying imbalance.

It's most effective to work 1:1 with a trained vet homeopath.

I use the Q-tip dosing by just touching it to the gums 1x (but succuss the cup 10x prior to dosing).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom