• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Gabby's albumin just dropped AGAIN

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Help! Just had Gabby's bloods done. Her albumin dropped from a 2.2 to a 1.5 since mid December. It has been dropping fast the past 2 months. Total protein is down and now globulin also. BUN is high I am worried sick. I attached her bloodwork. Yesterday she was being a picky slow eater and of course had increased bilious vomiting since mid december. But yesterday she walked again an hour. Today she ate her breakfast. I am worried about her coagulation and risk for clots. What can I do. They cannot get her in for her internal medicine appt till end of month. What is causing this? Thank you

Attachments

• Fecek_Gabby(1).pdf
    149.1 KB · Views: 2

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Gabby's albumin decrease. :( Yes, this is a seriously low level.

It would be great to evaluate it in context, so I wonder if you can ask your vet for a trended Idexx report?

Also, did she have a liver ultrasound or a pre and post-eating bile acid tolerance test?

Besides the vomiting (how often?) is she also having loose stools or any other GI symptoms like rumbling in her belly, burping, flatulence, etc.

The drop in globulins goes along with loss in the stool/diarrhea.

Great news however, that she went for an hour walk yesterday. :snowman:Did she sniff during it, or just soldier ahead? Did she want to go on this walk? How about today? Try to promote her sniffing (do you have a snuffle mat??) as much as possible.

Is she eating the raw (or any) egg every day?

The rapidly dropping albumin may be a sign that her liver isn't making albumin as the other big places its lost is via diarrhea and in the urine. However, there is no albumin in this urine so it's probably one of the other sources.

It might be good to start individualized homeopathic treatment right away, along with what you are already doing.

The initial evaluation can be quite long (2-3 hours) so may take a few weeks to schedule so if this is something you'd consider, you might want to start the process right away.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff, I can ask for a trended Idexx report but don't know what it is. She cannot get in to the internal medicine doc till the 28th---We have not done a bile acids test. She goes in to the vet monday for a folate, cobalamin, TLI and PLI blood test. Wanted to ask about an HPylori test. Yesterday the holistic vet (who mostly only does acupunture) gave her a B12 shot, some glutamine also. The B12 shot seemed to improve appetite and energy. Tried the glutamine and her appetite was better. She did not vomit this morning. I gave her some oyster crackers before bed per what the vet said to do. No diarrhea today but no long walk either do to weather. She did go up the street, about .3 tenths of a mile, this morning and does sniff a lot. I will look up the mat... Sometimes, not real often, she seems blank. Today told her to go in the car (she is deaf so motioned her) and she just stood there. She doesn't get up to eat right away even though her bowl is on the floor. But then she does it all except for yesterday, then licks the other dogs bowl too. Fed her two egg whites today, she likes them cooked. Then the raw yolk goes in the bowl to eat. She only had 1 diarrhea a day for about a week. Could she still have intestinal loss if no diarrhea because she has had no diarrhea till now, thought it was the colostrum... The levels of albumin have been going down for a year. I am thinking i should feed a low fat diet but don't know what that looks like. Eggs are high in fat too and she gets fish oil. How do I get started on a homeopathic program Should I keep giving her the nux vomica / gastrucomeel I mixed up or not? I have no idea where I am going with keeping her stable. The appointment for ultrasound is not till the 28th. I feel like I am not doing anything to help her. BTW, My own opinion is that if it is her liver than it was that Rimadyl they gave her after they removed her thyroid tumor in 2019. I believe it can cause liver damage and so none of this makes sense given the lifestyle I have provided her, not only with the additions of healthy things, but the avoidance of harmful and unnecessary "treatments"

I'm sorry to hear about Gabby's albumin decrease. :( Yes, this is a seriously low level.

It would be great to evaluate it in context, so I wonder if you can ask your vet for a trended Idexx report?

Also, did she have a liver ultrasound or a pre and post-eating bile acid tolerance test?

Besides the vomiting (how often?) is she also having loose stools or any other GI symptoms like rumbling in her belly, burping, flatulence, etc.

The drop in globulins goes along with loss in the stool/diarrhea.

Great news however, that she went for an hour walk yesterday. :snowman:Did she sniff during it, or just soldier ahead? Did she want to go on this walk? How about today? Try to promote her sniffing (do you have a snuffle mat??) as much as possible.

Is she eating the raw (or any) egg every day?

The rapidly dropping albumin may be a sign that her liver isn't making albumin as the other big places its lost is via diarrhea and in the urine. However, there is no albumin in this urine so it's probably one of the other sources.

It might be good to start individualized homeopathic treatment right away, along with what you are already doing.

The initial evaluation can be quite long (2-3 hours) so may take a few weeks to schedule so if this is something you'd consider, you might want to start the process right away.
I looked up what you mean by trending idexx report. I had been having Hemopet do the bloodwork before now. I have been keeping track myself of the trending of these values: She had thyroid tumor removal, functional tumor, in Nov of 2019 after that the levels started declining. These are Hemopet ...... June 2019 Total Protein (5.7) Albumin ( 3.1); October 2019 Total Protein( 5.3) Albumin (3.0); Feb 2020 Total Protein( 5) Albumin( 2.6)
May 2020 Total Protein (4.9) Albumin (2.6); June 2020 Total Protein (4.7) Albumin( 2.5); Sept 2020 Total Protein (4.5) Albumin( 2.4); October 2020 Total Protein (4.6) Albumin (2.4); Dec 2020 Total Protein (4.1) Albumin (2.2) then currently Jan 2021, the IDEXX results Total Protein (3.4) Albumin (1.5)
Hemopet ranges for Protein and albumin are a bit different. FYI
How do I get started on indiv program?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing this very helpful info Lil!

I'll think further about your posts and get back to you later today.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
You're so kind, thank you for all the help!! I been giving her glutamine and she did not vomit for 2 days. Also gave her soda crackers at night..... Will see if it continues. She did eat her meals past few days too, after she got the B12 shot. Took your advice and let her sniff her little heart out this morning.. She likes your advice!!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Fantastic work Lil and you're welcome for any small way that I can help!

The more sniffing that she can do, the better! Especially since she enjoys it, and that happiness can also help her heal!

Have you tried giving the white of the egg raw? If she won't eat it, perhaps she will do so if you mix it up with the yolk before you give it.

Thanks for sharing her blood test values over time. Since it looks like the proteins were already dropping before the thyroid tumor removal, I suspect that the "hypothetical" underlying energetic imbalance was already happening at this time. BTW-I say hypothetical because the internal energetic balance of the body is not yet proved to the satisfaction of mainstream medicine.

You would start individualized homeopathic treatment by scheduling an initial evaluation with a vet homeopath. If you're comfortable sharing your city and state (or country) we will see if any of us knows anyone in your area.

Otherwise you can check out anyone who does remote consultations on this list:

@dr_ judy herman herman can be found at:

My new client info. is at:

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Fantastic work Lil and you're welcome for any small way that I can help!

The more sniffing that she can do, the better! Especially since she enjoys it, and that happiness can also help her heal!

Have you tried giving the white of the egg raw? If she won't eat it, perhaps she will do so if you mix it up with the yolk before you give it.

Thanks for sharing her blood test values over time. Since it looks like the proteins were already dropping before the thyroid tumor removal, I suspect that the "hypothetical" underlying energetic imbalance was already happening at this time. BTW-I say hypothetical because the internal energetic balance of the body is not yet proved to the satisfaction of mainstream medicine.

You would start individualized homeopathic treatment by scheduling an initial evaluation with a vet homeopath. If you're comfortable sharing your city and state (or country) we will see if any of us knows anyone in your area.

Otherwise you can check out anyone who does remote consultations on this list:

@dr_ judy herman herman can be found at:

My new client info. is at:

Dr. Jeff, thanks again for the brain adjustment on the importance of sniffing. They say it is like us being on the internet. 4 days and no bilious YAY....since she got the B12 shot , gets oyster crackers with her thyroid pill before bedtime, and started glutamine. Tomorrow she will not get food in the morning as she is getting some bloodwork, cobalamin, folate, TLI and PLI to see if malabsorption is an issue. Might do bile acids test if it can be coordinated. In answer to your question. I have been mixing up 2 egg whites and cooking them some without killing them, and give a raw egg yolk. Hope cooking the white most days is still beneficial for albumin. So if you are interested I have attached Gabby's results from Animal Biome.(it is quite long though) She seems to have some significant bad bacteria(did not show up in the typical stool analysis the vet did) and now wondering if she might have SIBO. Started the probiotic they have made of animal stool for gut restoration. So what is the recommendation on fiber? The report says Gabby should not take in so many carbs. I do not feed carbs, she eats raw. Or are vegetables carbs? They also say she may be on too much medication. She is only on thyroid or could they mean too many SUPPLEMENTS? She has taken a lot of them. I'm sure supplements and the excipients could potentially cause a problem but don't know for sure. That's all for now. If anything hits you from anything above, let me know.

Attachments

• Gabby_Fecek_6TYH7K_report.pdf
    3.7 MB · Views: 0

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're absolutely right Lil that too many artificial supplements and excipients can be stressors to her balance and trigger problems. Just like drugs can do!

Yes, veggies contain carbohydrates. BTW-funny you ask because I just today had a conversation about this with a diabetic friend of mine...

Also FYI, there's a few Empower Hours! and other resources in the member are about mindful use of supplements.

Here's the fiber supplement I use to aid detox:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom