• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Engorged ticks on Buddy

AnnS

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff @Dr. Christina @Dr. Sara

I found two engorged ticks on Buddy this week. We had walked in the woods on Thursday last week (3/14/24). I removed them with a tick stick and cleaned with alcohol. I have an appointment to have him tested for antibodies in a month. I don't want to have to deal with Lyme on top of cancer! I will not be walking him in the woods any longer, but I do walk him in parks. My question is: I have flea & tick spray from Dr. Karen Becker/Dr. Mercola's website, It must be 5,6,7 years old. (Actually, I just looked at my records, and was astounded that it was bought 10 years ago!). Lemon Grass, Cinnamon, Sesame Oil, Castor Oil active ingredients. Is this still good? And I see you all are not thrilled with essential oil collars? I am doing the tick course!

Thank you so much!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Anna!
I don't want to have to deal with Lyme on top of cancer!
Yes, I hear 'ya here. Homeopathically tho, it could be a good thing for him to get any kind of infection at this time!

There's even research that infections can help the body clear cancer!

I will not be walking him in the woods any longer, but I do walk him in parks.
Hmm. Perhaps focus more on what Buddy loves the most. For example, if the walks in the woods are much for joyful for him, keep doing them (regardless of the ticks)
Lemon Grass, Cinnamon, Sesame Oil, Castor Oil active ingredients. Is this still good? And I see you all are not thrilled with essential oil collars?
A fresh supply, or any other tick preventative essential oil such as from Earth Animal, animaleo.info, Dr. Dobias, etc. could be more effective.

I see you all are not thrilled with essential oil collars?
If they work for Buddy, and he is not super sensitive to it, I think they're fine e.g. the collar or spot on from Earth Animal.

The Dermoscent brand of essential oil spot on is designed for pets with sensitive skin, and can also prevent ticks.

Focus on his joys!! ? :dog2::dogrun:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Definitely keep up with whatever brings you both joy!

Collars just do not seem to help, in my experience, for most dogs.

New to the US is tickless.com - a tag that puts out ultrasonic frequencies. I have seen no problems with the sound bothering dogs and cats, even with intuitives checking it out.

Dr. christina

AnnS

Community Member
Registered
Thank you both for your encouraging response!!! Love this membership!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Ann.

It's our pleasure and honor to help in any way.

Thank you for the kind words about HA!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
so glad HA! is benefiting you.
Maybe share it with your friends to build their companions' health to prevent future problems!

Have you partnered with a holistic veterinarian yet? That would be your next step.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom