• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Can ticks populate from grass not cut for 3 weeks

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I had a question. I have rarely had any ticks on my dogs, 5 dogs already, over 25 years. I have used flea and tick spray and can count the number of times on both hands the number of ticks found on all of them put together. Now I have Blossom and I found a tick in her ear and one crawling on her back. I was using the Dr. Dobias Tick Hex spray alternating with the usual flea and tick spray I have used since 2005. Does anyone know about effectiveness of this Tick Hex spray? Also, my landscaper did nto cut my grass for almost 3 weeks. The grass was long. I have never had a problem in all these years with pests because I have gotten nematodes professionally applied twice a year. I did not have a problem this year either until possibly now. So now, the grass was long and is it possible ticks could have taken up in the lawn with short term grass that was overgrown? I usually send out ticks that are attached to be tested and just sent one off yesterday. It costs 50 dollars for one tick which I don't mind but I don't know why she is getting these since the guy cut the grass a few days ago finally. I did see another post about tickless ultrasonic product and wondered if anyone uses that which I might consider also. Thanks.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Does anyone know about effectiveness of this Tick Hex spray?
Not I. However I know that Dr. Dobias was very enthusiastic about it when it came out. Next time we speak I'll ask if it is living up to his expectations.

taken up in the lawn with short term grass that was overgrown?
The longer grass will indeed increase the likelihood of getting ticks for awhile after getting cut. I don't know if it will cause ticks to start calling the lawn home.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Dr. Jeff, I DO Like his sprayer versus the earth animal sprayer which fails most of the time.Dr. Dobias's sprayer allows me to spray Blossom while she is walking, her feet etc... I have also started to spray her cloth collar with it. I have to admit I have been remiss and not starting to spray her in the spring because of her skittishness being touched but now she is better. I always use the spray on myself too. I looked at the ingredients in the Dr. Dobias product and it DOES have the oils that I know are recommended to repel. I had a thought. Today I saw one crawling on Blossom's back and wonder if the tick just found her body too averse to call home or left her skin because of the smell. I know Dr. Dobias does have quality products so I trust it works. Thank You!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom