• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Dog Inhaled Water

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
Yesterday, my dog went swimming and afterwards she vomited some treats that she had eaten prior to swimming. I am sure she drank too much water in a short amount of time, not intentionally. She vomited a couple times overnight as well, and twice this morning so far. I spoke with local emergency vet who said she might have aspirated when she vomited. Her BEAM is fine, I gave her only a small amount of breakfast, also gave her some Manuka honey just in case her throat was irritated. I gave her the remedy
Ipecac at 9:30 and she hasn't coughed or vomited since then. If she did aspirate, is there anything else I can do for her, or just continue to observe? Vet said to bring her in for X-rays if symptoms don't improve or get worse. Thanks for any feedback.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
If she did aspirate, is there anything else I can do for her, or just continue to observe? Vet said to bring her in for X-rays if symptoms don't improve or get worse.
Yes! How was her BEAM both before and after the Ipecac (good work with giving this remedy!)?

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
Her BEAM has been good all along, Im just worried that she is still coughing, mostly bile at this point. The Ipecac seemed to help, I gave her another dose at 11:00 this morning, first dose was at 9:00. I just don't know what they would do at the vet if its all from the swimming, unless that is just a coincidence and something else is going on

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
Sorry, I sound like a crazy person. She did cough and vomit bile in the car just a couple hours ago, and again just a little while ago. She is begging for her dinner at this point

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Not at all Whit!

Perhaps feed a small meal and see if she holds it down...

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
She had a small meal, held it down, except she just coughed up some bile, clear liquid only no food.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Perhaps hold off on anything else by mouth now.

How's her BEAM tonight?

Whitwelch

VIP Member
Registered
Ok. She is resting which seems her usual for this time of day. She ate her food without any issues. I am supposed to work tomorrow so hopefully no more issues overnight. Should I give another Ipecac?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
sometimes we can have a mild irritation in the throat after coughing/vomiting that can take a week or more to resolve.
If her BEAM continues to be great, I agree with Dr. Jeff to not worry too much about what ifs.

Lots of love and visualize total body health.
Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom