• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Constipation, nausea, not eating

ChristinaP

Registered
Thank you! Judith Herman? There are a couple of other holistic vets with last name Hermans...just want to make sure.
Hello,
There are many hills and valleys on this rollercoaster. We have not yet been able to connect with a holistic vet. We have an appointment today with our traditional vet.
The problem is that this morning, unlike the past three mornings, Cappuccine did not eat. We have been giving her 7cc water 5x day, but apparently it wasn't enough to stave off a UTI. The vet took a urinalysis on Friday and showed she was in the clear, but what else could it be? She goes to the litter box, and though there were two nice sized urine balls earlier, she goes and almost nothing comes out now. She licks that area. Maybe it is because of the tube they used to get a urine sample?

It may also be why she is not eating. Not sure. This has become so complicated. My worry is her liver and the load it is carrying from all the drugs. (She has not been on any drugs since Saturday afternoon.) Happy dances 3-4 x per day. I am going out soon to get more / different foods. And, on top of it all, she has resorptive lesions, which, correct me if I am wrong, is a digestive issue. She must be in pain. Certainly her gums are not doing well.
Thank you for your thoughts and suggestions. Have you seen cats in this situation? Did they turn around?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Yes, they can definitely turn around with:
1. your positive loving energy (see Dr. Bernie Siegel's webinar - and even more at you tube for All Paws Pet Talk TV)
2. Homeopathic or Chinese Medicine veterinary care
3. focus on overall quality of life - positive things. Record and note anything else (like licking vulva) but do not try to figure out why. Let the holistic figure it out (or once a day as you review what is going on and decide on the next day's plans). The more you see her as fine, the more likely she is to feel good. Gail Pope, of Brighthaven.org) adopted 16 yr old and older cats and some, with homeopathic and holistic care, lived to late 20s and even 34. She was able to see them as healthy.
Dr.Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
what else could it be?
Great question Christina!

All of the physical stuff can be super overwhelming and physiologically super complicated. :confused: ?

However, when you focus on parasympathetic activation and smoothing energy flow everything will eventually fall into place. Dr. Edward discussed this a bit more on tonight's Empower Hour! webinar.

The very best way to do this to focus on whatever Cappuccine used to love the most.

Have you ever gone outside with her to "ground"?
Have you seen cats in this situation? Did they turn around?
Yes and yes!

ChristinaP

Registered
Yes, they can definitely turn around with:
1. your positive loving energy (see Dr. Bernie Siegel's webinar - and even more at you tube for All Paws Pet Talk TV)
2. Homeopathic or Chinese Medicine veterinary care
3. focus on overall quality of life - positive things. Record and note anything else (like licking vulva) but do not try to figure out why. Let the holistic figure it out (or once a day as you review what is going on and decide on the next day's plans). The more you see her as fine, the more likely she is to feel good. Gail Pope, of Brighthaven.org) adopted 16 yr old and older cats and some, with homeopathic and holistic care, lived to late 20s and even 34. She was able to see them as healthy.
Dr.Christina
Thank you. I contacted Gail Pope, but she is currently unavailable for consultation because her husband is ill. I cannot get a consult with a homeopath until next week. It is very difficult to establish relationships with the right professionals for my cat, unfortunately. Not for lack of trying.
Cappuccine is going to have a feeding tube again tomorrow because she is not eating. The UTI has returned. She is struggling and losing weight, so I don't see another way. She may have had a problem with the food the vet gave us to use in the feeding tube. It is some sort of vet formulated critical nutrition. Is there another wet food paté that you or anyone else might recommend we use? Something to help with digestion?

ChristinaP

Registered
Great question Christina!

All of the physical stuff can be super overwhelming and physiologically super complicated. :confused: ?

However, when you focus on parasympathetic activation and smoothing energy flow everything will eventually fall into place. Dr. Edward discussed this a bit more on tonight's Empower Hour! webinar.
I am sorry I missed that.
The very best way to do this to focus on whatever Cappuccine used to love the most.
I have been trying that.
Have you ever gone outside with her to "ground"?
We spent a good part of the weekend outside, and she really enjoyed being out there with us.
Yes and yes!

ChristinaP

Registered
Hello,
I spoke with Dr. Jeff a bit about UTI.
Here is what Cappuccine has been doing, beginning Monday: licking her vulva, going to box several times, but scant to no urine output (though she does also have periods where she does have normal-sized urine balls--maybe 1-2 per day). The urine that does come out--the scant urine--has a pungent odor. And, she does seem to strain, though I can't be sure. She must feel discomfort--who wouldn't? Cystitis? UTI? I am not clear about the difference between the two.
What is your preference to treat, besides or in addition to antibiotics? D-Mannose or Cranberry powder? Does it depend on the cat? How far apart do you give antibiotics and D-Mannose or cranberry powder?

And, generally, what amounts do you give? I have seen anywhere from 1/4 tsp per day to 1 tsp 4x per day. Still no luck with a holistic vet. I may have an appointment with a homeopathic vet for next week but am waiting for confirmation.
Of course, the vet took a urine sample, results were supposed to be available to day, but then they had to send it out to another lab that won't return the results for another 5-7 days. This is just par for the course. We have been meeting up with brick walls. We had to actually ask the vet for antibiotics. She was not proposing ANYTHING before the results come back. I am dumb-founded.

She also had to look up whether cerenia was metabolized by the liver or kidneys. I knew the answer to that before she did.

That seems like a huge amount, especially if I don't know how sensitive Cappuccine is to D-Mannose.
Thank you.

Last edited:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom