• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cat Vomiting & Not Eating

LaurenHW

Community Member
Pet Professional
Registered
@SantaraV
I’d avoid Chicken as its very allergenic. I made the mistake of adding in too many new proteins close to each other ao I couldn’t tell what was making his ears itch!
I’d recommend only 1 new protein per week or even month. Look for itching and any GI Issues.
Maybe HA has more education on raw feeding in the Member section. I learned a TON from the PetSummit.com/rawfeeding and many of the perveyors Like Hare Today have a lot of tips and info on their sites for free!
Doing the Poop Happy Dance with you! Romeo pooped 2 days in a row yesterday for the first time in 6 weeks just after we completed the Homeopathic Dosing!! YAY FOR HOMEOPATHY!
Keep us posted! Sending love & healing your way! Do check out the 2 Vets in your part of the World! De Liza was great last night and her website has good resources! Take good care.

SantaraV

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes!

I don't know what's available in Australia. If you share some possibilities, I will gladly look into them.

Excellent!

Not needed, but potentially (if she likes them and they agree with her) good additions to the diet variety.
Hi @Dr. Jeff. Thankyou so much for all your help and support.

Today I’ve just woken up (5:20am) to tiger abruptly vomiting up his food (sardines) for the first time since this all happened. Really at a loss for what to do again, and confused about what’s going on.

Any advice?

It also looks like he’s trying to pass poop. I found a small hard piece hanging from his bottom. He keeps standing in pooping position and his back legs and even his abdomen area are twitching a little bit. he’s crying on and off and licking a lot. vomiting again now 5:26am with the second image. It smells foul like it should be passing the other side.

Update 5:35am he’s passed a little bit of poo, rock hard. he’s lying down but seems very agitated (tail wagging).

Just got off the phone with emergency, they said I can monitor him and see how he goes, if he vomits again I can bring him in, or if i’m stressed to just bring him in. Said they’d do a consult and maybe give him anti-nausea medication. Really not sure what to do at this point
596DF3C1-E51B-45FD-B8B8-D54B5ABD0F1D.jpeg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How's his BEAM?

SantaraV

All-Access Member
Registered
How's his BEAM?
At the moment he’s just laying down, looks relaxed now…is closing his eyes, isn’t meowing anymore. I just went over to pat him and he was purring. Now he’s just gotten up and come to me wanting more pats, brushing against my legs. I’d say possibly a 7-8/10? Just confused about what just happened a moment ago and what’s going to happen next…

Now he’s coming up to me in the kitchen like how he does when he wants food.

Is it okay to feed raw grass fed beef after this?

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
I'd be a bit cautious with raw, since inflammation causes leaky gut, which in turn can allow bad bacteria into the bloodstream. How about some beef baby food? Earth's Best has a nice organic blend. Just little bits at a time, wait 20 minutes to make sure he holds it down.

SantaraV

All-Access Member
Registered
I'd be a bit cautious with raw, since inflammation causes leaky gut, which in turn can allow bad bacteria into the bloodstream. How about some beef baby food? Earth's Best has a nice organic blend. Just little bits at a time, wait 20 minutes to make sure he holds it down.
Just saw this! He's been doing fine with the raw grass-fed beef and sardines so far... no more vomiting for now, just haven't seen any poops yet.

Any advice to help with the constipation?

I also haven't seen him drink any water. I add a little bit of filtered water to his food. Is this okay to do? and should I be concerned about him not drinking?

@Dr. Jean Hofve @Dr. Jeff

SantaraV

All-Access Member
Registered
IMHO it's fine as long as he likes and has done well with beef before.

@Dr. Jean Hofve and @Dr. Christina what do you think?

Hi @Dr. Jeff. Was hoping to get some feedback on Tigers current diet. He has only pooped three times since coming home from the vet (including the one posted here with the vomit on Saturday), the last time being this morning around 2am with 3 really small extremely dry poops, like pebbles. Any advice on helping with the constipation? He wasn't drinking any water and still hasn't been, and our conventional vet said that it's important he does, which is why I have been adding it to his food.

Food: canned sardines (springwater, no added salt, I rinse with filtered water before feeding) and grass fed beef. I add (all Vimergy) barley grass juice powder, spirulina, glutathione, wild blueberry powder, 1 drop olive leaf, 1 drop propolis. He licks 2 drops of zinc and B12 off my finger. I've also been giving him 1-1.5mL celery juice in the mornings. He eats between 4-8x a day in small meals as you suggested, and I add a little bit of filtered water to his food to account for him not drinking his water.

Would anything else be helpful here?
Would Vimergy Milk Thistle be a good addition supplement wise?
And would a little bit of steamed butternut squash or regular potato/sweet potato added to his food be helpful for constipation?
Was also wondering whether a little bit of melon juice in the morning would help with the constipation.

Thankyou!

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Was hoping to get some feedback on Tigers current diet.

Food: canned sardines (springwater, no added salt, I rinse with filtered water before feeding) and grass fed beef. I add (all Vimergy) barley grass juice powder, spirulina, glutathione, wild blueberry powder, 1 drop olive leaf, 1 drop propolis. He licks 2 drops of zinc and B12 off my finger. I've also been giving him 1-1.5mL celery juice in the mornings.

This is fine for now tho eventually he'll need a more balanced diet (which can also help with his pooping problem).

You should be able to get a nice supplement to balance a home-prepared diet in Australia (tho I don't know what's available to you).

Would anything else be helpful here?
Yes. I'd see how Tiger likes and tolerates raw goat's milk.
Would Vimergy Milk Thistle be a good addition supplement wise?
My opinion is that he doesn't need it.
And would a little bit of steamed butternut squash or regular potato/sweet potato added to his food be helpful for constipation?
Yes. Adding a bit of fiber this way can be quite helpful.
Was also wondering whether a little bit of melon juice in the morning would help with the constipation.
Possibly, tho if he doesn't like the taste, I wouldn't use it.

Dr. Jean's great article on constipation and other discussions on this forum have other suggestions.

SantaraV

All-Access Member
Registered
This is fine for now tho eventually he'll need a more balanced diet (which can also help with his pooping problem).

You should be able to get a nice supplement to balance a home-prepared diet in Australia (tho I don't know what's available to you).

Yes. I'd see how Tiger likes and tolerates raw goat's milk.

My opinion is that he doesn't need it.

Yes. Adding a bit of fiber this way can be quite helpful.

Possibly, tho if he doesn't like the taste, I wouldn't use it.

Dr. Jean's great article on constipation and other discussions on this forum have other suggestions.

Thankyou @Dr. Jeff. Tiger is doing really well. He has gained his weight back, BEAM is a 10, has been pooping - woohoo! Slowly becoming more consistent. He has been loving the celery juice and the blended melon - I really feel it has helped with the constipation issues, along with the diet and supplements I mentioned in my previous thread. I will definitely look into the other resources for more advice on food moving forward.

Thanks again for all of your support and recommendations. Couldn't recommend you enough!

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your kind words Santara! I'm so glad to hear that Tiger is doing well and even pooping better. 🙏 😻

More HA! in Australia sounds great!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom