• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

HomeoPet deworming puppies

AngeleL

VIP Member
Registered
I was usually having my litters dewormed with medication from the vet when i went for their health check at around 8 or 10 weeks old.

now wanting to phase out the medicated stuff I opted for HomeoPet Host no more and wanted to check if anyone used it for their puppies and at what age is it safe to administer since the instructions only give the amount to give but no age.
my puppies are 4 weeks old, no worms but would like to prevent so wondering if It would be safe at this age.

Angele

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Angele!
HomeoPet Host no more and wanted to check if anyone used it for their puppies and at what age is it safe
IMHO, I would not advise using a combination homeopathic product (for anything).

The Strongid/pyrantel pamoate used for young pups and kittens is actually a safer option in this case!

The main reason is that using energetically-based homeopathic medicines can be deleterious to the energetic balance.

Even if they get rid of the symptom for which they are intended.

Maybe homeopathic expert @GinnyW could explain in more detail.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Gosh; I am overwhelmed by the nineteen listed ingredients...Homeopathic remedies act by stimulating the system with a mere whisper, as if holding up an image which the body recognizes: "Oh, yeah, that's what I'm feeling; thanks for showing me - now I can deal with it...." Today, I myself took ONE dose of a carefully-chosen remedy for a headache - if I had taken 19 remedies, you can well imagine the life force perhaps struggling with the onslaught, and saying, "Oh, the hell with it - I'm too confused to deal; can't tell one from another..." The one dose worked, because it was carefully chosen, and not part of an assault.
To use combination remedies, of which this is an egregious example, is to throw away the awesome power of the single remedy, without which there is no authentic homeopathic action. If something like Traumeel or a Hyland's combo - or this "dewormer" - should seem to help, it also risks confusing the system, possibly complicating the case at hand - and thus rendering it more difficult to find the ONE homeopathic remedy which WILL elicit a systemic response. Homeopathy is an art - its success lies in the skill of the practitioner to choose an appropriate remedy after carefully considering all aspects of the case at hand. The tiny doses have no innate power; only the potential to be useful where appropriate, and nowhere else. But a scattergun approach can rarely improve things, and can muddy the waters and impede the desired result.
In this case, I wouldn't go near this product with a stick. I'm with Dr. Jeff; there is no use, no justification, for misusing this valuable art thusly. Somebody's out for money....

AngeleL

VIP Member
Registered
Hey Angele!

IMHO, I would not advise using a combination homeopathic product (for anything).

The Strongid/pyrantel pamoate used for young pups and kittens is actually a safer option in this case!

The main reason is that using energetically-based homeopathic medicines can be deleterious to the energetic balance.

Even if they get rid of the symptom for which they are intended.

Maybe homeopathic expert @GinnyW could explain in more detail.
Thank you so much, the industry is sadly misguiding us :( and here I thought this was a good option!
I will stick woth the vet’s prescription thank you ?☺️

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You’re welcome Angele!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Thanks for asking, and that is why we are here. While there are some times to use the conventional approach, like treating puppies and kittens with Strongid, it is important to check with us.

Many animals are diagnosed with other gut parasites and the holistic approaches are often better. This is a great reason to always post here, and to read the resources in the library and have your own personal holistic veterinarian.

If adults show the same worms, it is an indication of imbalance of the vital force, so we may do a different approach.

Dr. Christina

AngeleL

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks for asking, and that is why we are here. While there are some times to use the conventional approach, like treating puppies and kittens with Strongid, it is important to check with us.

Many animals are diagnosed with other gut parasites and the holistic approaches are often better. This is a great reason to always post here, and to read the resources in the library and have your own personal holistic veterinarian.

If adults show the same worms, it is an indication of imbalance of the vital force, so we may do a different approach.

Dr. Christina
and I am sooo grateful for being part of this community and getting the advice of professionals like you!!
you always fill in the doubts I have to make it clear lol thank you for that!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom