• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Structured water synopsis

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Some of us have been engaging in a discussion about structured water and products to produce it. It has been suggested that we share that discussion and welcome you all to ask or provide more info. These are excerpted from our posts:

Francine: After listening to Dr. Seigel's presentation, I found the attached link to Mayu water system. This carafe swirls the water, but is it really structured? Do you know anything about this system? Also, does swirled water have hydrogen in it? That seems to be something Dr. Siegel found necessary to be really structured water; if not, can hydrogen be found in tab form and added to the swirling carafe? I noted that they also have mineral compounds that can be added to the water. I have attached a link to their website. If it is "kosher," it might be an affordable, easy way to structure water. Thank you in advance if you choose to review/comment.

Mayu Water

Fresh water has a taste! People don’t know this because they haven’t experienced it. Oxygenated and mineral-rich water must replace the norm of drinking stagnant, toxic water.
mayuwater.com>

ginny: I use an OLD vortex machine that does a thorough job of spinning the water, sending it through a coral-filled filter ring for nine whole minutes. I do not yet understand about ADDING hydrogen, as it seems to me the "extra" hydrogen molecule comes from the water itself. I like to think back to the source of Dr. Pollack's inspiration, the mountain stream with water tumbling over rocks... So, right now that is the standard I use. OTOH, I have no reason to want to change what I am using. It seems to me more effective than adding chia seeds, etc. or "extra" hydrogen. I was totally convinced of the value of the process when I started using it, and have stayed engaged. I love how it makes my plants grow, how it feels on my skin, how it tastes, etc. Been doing this for almost 30 years. I'm an old dog, but I am very open-minded about more improvements to my routine.
That said, I think this Mayu gadget is not very effective. However, I liked this link: What is Structured Water?

and from Dr. Jeff:

Gel water for Increasing Hydration Support:
Anthropologist-turned-health-coach Gina Bria stumbled upon the concept of gel water when she was searching for ways to better hydrate her aging mother—but she says what she uncovered may completely change the way we think about water, challenging the conventional “eight glasses a day” wisdom.

The concept of gel water was originally discovered by bioengineer Dr. Gerald Pollack at his eponymous water science laboratory at the University of Washington. His book, The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor, resonated with Bria’s thesis work on desert-society survival techniques: “The Incas and the Aztecs would go for weeks without water, subsisting only on chia and cacti—which, it turns out, are full of gel water,” says Bria. Pollack estimates that this previously unknown form of water (found in vegetables, chia seeds, and other foods) makes up more than 90 percent of the water in our own bodies, but there had been little work done to apply those findings to human health practices.

Francine:….The old adage "a little knowledge is a dangerous thing" is an apt description for where I stand with structured water. I read from The Wellness Enterprise as well as the Goop article about gel water. I also visited the Nikken website to peruse their products. The Wellness Enterprise sells a product - Aqua Energizer - that can be inserted under the sink ($599) or a whole-house model ($1799). Nikken PiMag has a counter-top product that flows water over mineral stones - PiMag Waterfall at $426 (Ginny - is this what you have, only an older model?) For practical purposes, I would prefer more of a system than crushing chia seeds. I have attached links to the Aqua Energizer and Nikken PiMag for comparison purposes if either Ginny, Dr. Jeff or Dr. Christina would like to give a look. I realize there is a big expense involved (the whole-house system from Nkken is not an option for me), but I will do what is best for Sophie, Zozo and myself! Thanks in advance...

PiMag Waterfall® — Wellness & Wealth by Choice

pastedGraphic.png wellnesswealthbychoice.com

ginny: Okay, here's a sort of quick answer...I'm not impressed by the Wellness Enterprise units. They don't say what's in them, no explanation of what's inside them, apparently no moving or replaceable parts or elements. I'm not getting serious about something unless I know what it's doing. And their ad copy is very evasive and somewhat misleading...

OTOH, the Nikken seems more plausible to me. This PiMag is quite different than my old one, but i like some of the basic elements here, such as the mineral rocks. It seems pricey for what it is....My antique unit seems to cover the bases more completely than either of these, and I can't see why well enough wasn't left alonepastedGraphic_1.png It plugs in, and makes a big vortex for nine whole minutes, with a spinning magnet agitating the water and passing it through a ring of coral calcium to mineralize it. It holds approximately 1.5 liters in its pitcher. Agreeing with the WE folks, I choose to think that the stored water stays structured - it seems to function well - and I make up about five gallons at a session and keep it in quality hard plastic bottles. Some day I will run out of replacement rings, and will need to figure out a substitute.

I invested in a whole-house filtration system, with a paper prefilter and a large sand/mineral unit. You don't have to buy the Nikken; mine is a non-woo-woo commercial unit from Puriteam ($679. in 2015). I would definitely filter somehow BEFORE using a structuring device. I don't prefer RO at all. And no way I'd just put chia seeds in waterpastedGraphic_1.png.

pastedGraphic_2.png

What is Structured Water?
Structured water, also known as hexagonal water and EZ water, has the molecular structure H3O2. It is found in rivers, rain, and fruits and vegetables.
thewellnessenterprise.com

Francine: In further “hunting,” I have run across the attached system. It seems to work a bit like your Nikkon with a mineral stone insert. It also runs a vortex for either 9, 18 or 27 minutes. It is more expensive. The company - ewater.com - has good reviews. Any thoughts to share about this system?

pastedGraphic_3.png

Vitalizer Plus, with FREE $89 Exclusive Energy Enhancement Package & 2 $79 Mineral Basket

For the best in Water Filtration Air Purification and EMF & EMR and negative energies protection.

pastedGraphic_4.png ewater.com

ginny: Whoo hoo! Now, that's the ticket.... What entertaining ad copy, too. But reading between the lines, yes, this is one I'd buy. It has all the features I think are important. It's kind of a relief to me to know it exists. It would seem that the cost is probably what the Nikken would cost if it were still offered. Thanks!

Dr. Jeff said: I asked Francine (about juicers) because my understanding, as a scientific skeptic, is that only a few devices are NMR verified (or verified chemically at all) to produce structured water.

So unless one of those is used, at this time (until I learn more) I can only advise using chia seeds or juicing.

Structured (EZ) water is present in the cytoplasm of every plant (anthropologist Gina Bria discovered the hydrating effect from observing indigenous desert dwellers who sucked on/ate plants).

Francine: Jeff, does the following (from the Vitalizer Plus) qualify for being NMR verified to produce structured water? BTW, I highly value your scientific skepticism!

Francine: Jeff, does the following (from the Vitalizer Plus) qualify for being NMR verified to produce structured water? BTW, I highly value your scientific skepticism!

When you drink Vitalized hexagonal water, whether from that rare clean natural stream or from your Vitalizer Plus, you will notice that it does not sit in your stomach. Instant absorption is accomplished by the micro clustering process. Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging (NMRI) has shown the Vitalizer Plus water clusters to be as small as 63 hz. Few if any bottled concentrates or waters have found structures this small. This super wetting hexagonal structure carries the extra oxygen, energy and ionic minerals deep into the cellular environment in seconds. Kidneys are relieved from processing "unused" water. Only the water that has been utilized by the body need be processed out the kidneys. Obviously, better hydration enhances all body functions.

I do make smoothies almost every day…organic berries, banana, kale and spinach. I use milk, not water…. How does that compare to juicing?

ginny: Oh, boy...I was just browsing eBay looking for something else, and I stumbled across a zillion versions of "structured water" devices. Looks as though this might be a "thing" now; hold onto your hats....

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Holy moly Ginny!

You did amazing work with reposting the water thread! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Thank you! There are a few typos and goofs, but it's essentially there. I'm curious as to what else we will uncover....My vortex machine is running in the background, a sort of Sunday morning task....

ChristineO

Community Member
Registered
Thanks for the info, Ginny. I enjoyed the webinar on structured water and am interested in making the investment for our cats and ourselves. Since I already have a whole house filtration system, the expensive Spring Aqua system is a bit more than I'd probably need. Are you familiar with the Echo system? They use electricity to produce the hydrogen. Wondering if this system would be comparable to the Spring Aqua system? Echo Water® Machines Archives

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
It would seem that the sole benefit here is the "extra" hydrogen. No structuring going on here that I can see, and I believe that the structure is the most important factor in good water. There are certainly less expensive ways to get hydrogen, including simply using hydrogen peroxide in a nebulizer. I still want to think that the "extra" hydrogen in structured water is naturally occurring, not added but just reorganized in the structuring process. I don't see evidence of that in the Echo products, and so would doubt their efficacy - and not the least at that price point. But hey....

novasimpson

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello! Thank you for all the information! I am sorry if I missed this above. Dr Jeff mentioned making chia seeds and water.

Can someone give exact directions and quantities? And then at the end do you offer the chia seeds with the water or take them out?

I am unable to get a house system at this time. Was there a consensus of what table top product works best?

Thank you!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I'm leaning toward the Vitalizer...Francine, how's that working for you? And I am clueless about the chia seeds...

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Nova-

Can someone give exact directions and quantities?
Any ratio is fine and will work and you really cant underdo or overdo the quantities. The more chia you use, the more the "gel" (which is the most structured and "coherent" the water. However all of the water you make is great to use for Tater Tot.
And then at the end do you offer the chia seeds with the water or take them out?
Yes! The chia seeds + gel can make a great treat.

FrancineR

All-Access Member
Registered
Ginny - the Vitalizer Plus is working great! The water is refreshing and the VP is easy to use (it even keeps count of the minutes used and lets you know when to replace the mineral cube…at 4200 minutes). I am very satisfied with it. I bought it from a company on Amazon ($499+tax…free shipping). If anyone is interested to know more, I suggest contacting the mfg. Vortex Water Technology, Inc. in Downey, CA…310-808-9228 or 866-480-8898 or visit their website: vortexwatertech.com. I believe they may sell it for the same price, and they offer a good price on replacement mineral cubes. I spoke to a very nice woman at the 866 number.

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Here - much later in the year - is a link to a YouTube vieo of Dr. Pollack, the structured water guy, book author, and scientist. This is supposed to be an interview by Dr. Mercola, but he's not in it:) What IS in it is some nice science on structured water in nature, its ubiquity, the benefits, etc. I found it illuminating regardless of my prior knowledge. Enjoy!

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
A little late to the party, but: Dr. Mercola now offers a hydrogen "supplement" that we've been using: It's a tablet which one dissolves and drinks while it's fizzing. I like the science: that one is getting lots of obvious gas, no machine needed, not expensive, easy to use. There are lot of folks going on about hydrogen water, etc., but this looks effective to me. Wish it did miracles, but....

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Keep us updated, Ginny, if you notice any specific changes. Can you put the link for the product - he has so much on his site.

Dr. Christina

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Here you go:

Nothing miraculous, but I like taking it, and can well imagine benefits, given all the info that's out there these days. I actually take a little less than one whole tablet, because I find it difficult to drink a whole pint at one go...

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom