• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Senior dog whose body is very much out of balance

MarijkeH

Registered
Indi is almost blind, has cognitive issues, losing strength in hind legs, and appears to have digestive and allergy problems.
Would it be possible to send me a list of the much needed homeopathic solution/s needed to support her for the remainder of her time on Earth?
I know a very good homeopath who is willing to make up any solution/s

Dr Jeff

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Marijke!

I'm sorry to hear about Indi's end of life challenges. ?
Would it be possible to send me a list of the much needed homeopathic solution/s needed to support her for the remainder of her time on Earth?

The very most important one is to focus on her happiness, BEAM and creation of cellular joy. There are no remedies, foods or supplements that will be as effective.

Perhaps she loves a special treat, time outside in her stroller (does she have a stroller), time with you, etc.

Regarding specific holistic solutions, that will depend on her specific symptoms and challenges.

To determine these, a 1:1 evaluation with a holistic vet would be most helpful.

In general, support her vitality, feed the freshest and most joy-inspiring food possible, use a high quality species-specific probiotic like The Wolf and Fido's Flora from Adored Beast, and start using the power of intention, love, light therapy, etc.

MarijkeH

Registered
Thank you for so much information - very helpful.
Indi has been on both 'the wolf and 'fido's flora'
We are expecting a shipment early next week of probiotics and beef pancreas. (both products are from CanineCeuticles - an Australian company) They sound pretty promising. The beef pancreas is meant to help support her pancreas - she has chronic pancreatitis (to the best of my knowledge)
Luma Soothe sounds pretty promising. Will need to save a bit before affording that! - Still, it's doable.
Just ordered 2 packets of dog treats - plus we are organizing a part of the yard where she can be all day without us having to fuss about her wondering off or rolling around in grass seeds.
Question now is, am I able to have a homeopathic consult and then go to my homeopath to fulfill what is needed?

Dr Jeff

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
am I able to have a homeopathic consult and then go to my homeopath to fulfill what is needed?
Yes!

The only thing to avoid is introducing anything new around the same time as a homeopathic medicine. Doing so can confound the interpretation of the response (which is sometimes subtle) to the homeopathic remedy:

MarijkeH

Registered
Yes!

The only thing to avoid is introducing anything new around the same time as a homeopathic medicine. Doing so can confound the interpretation of the response (which is sometimes subtle) to the homeopathic remedy:

I am realizing that as yet I know not any homeopathic remedies to order for Indi. Would it be possible for you to recommend any from our last consult, or will it be necessary to make another appointment to accomplish this?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Would it be possible for you to recommend any from our last consult, or will it be necessary to make another appointment to accomplish this?

Thanks for asking Marijke.

The answer is neither.

When homeopathic medicines are used for chronic dis-eases and older animals, a full 2 hour (or more!) "intake" evaluation is needed.

The 15 minute guidance calls are more to help with the directions you can take to help Indi. Not the same as the individualization of an intake.

What you can do without a specific remedy however is to activate the same healing pathways which homeopathy also activates. For that you can use the vitality building and balancing tools we discussed.

MarijkeH

Registered
Thanks for asking Marijke.

The answer is neither.

When homeopathic medicines are used for chronic dis-eases and older animals, a full 2 hour (or more!) "intake" evaluation is needed.

The 15 minute guidance calls are more to help with the directions you can take to help Indi. Not the same as the individualization of an intake.

What you can do without a specific remedy however is to activate the same healing pathways which homeopathy also activates. For that you can use the vitality building and balancing tools we discussed.
Thank you for that information :)

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Be sure to listen live (or to the recordings) Monday 13th. The recording we made with Eleni Gkikakis will be covering some of the points Dr. Jeff is making. Though we are in cancer month, her feedback as an animal intuitive is that if we focus on the soul of our companion and not their "infirmities" they are much happier, age issues, other illness or cancer. Keeping up routines as much as possible helps.

I would carefully watch when offering new supplements or even treats. Too many supplements can stress the body sometimes. Each day, when offering things, notice her response and do not force things.

And I echo Dr. Jeff - get started now with a homeopathic vet -
read the article, then go to the homeopathic websites.

Love, love, review the past joyful times, happy dance, be as happy as you can.
Dr. Christina

MarijkeH

Registered
Be sure to listen live (or to the recordings) Monday 13th. The recording we made with Eleni Gkikakis will be covering some of the points Dr. Jeff is making. Though we are in cancer month, her feedback as an animal intuitive is that if we focus on the soul of our companion and not their "infirmities" they are much happier, age issues, other illness or cancer. Keeping up routines as much as possible helps.

I would carefully watch when offering new supplements or even treats. Too many supplements can stress the body sometimes. Each day, when offering things, notice her response and do not force things.

And I echo Dr. Jeff - get started now with a homeopathic vet -
read the article, then go to the homeopathic websites.

Love, love, review the past joyful times, happy dance, be as happy as you can.
Dr. Christina
Much gratitude for your supportingly helpful comments and suggestions ❤️

MarijkeH

Registered
Hello :) Things are not working too good in Indi's favour right now - She seems to have less strength as the days go by. All the weakness is appearing on her right, she still goes on her walks, although it can take a little while for her body to warm up.
Even though she had a chiropractic visit around 2 weeks go, her limp has gotten worse - Ah, but to be fair she has been falling out of bed, hence we are working on a solution that will keep her happy.
Last Friday I had a phone consult with an animal homeopath - am waiting for the remedies to arrive via post.

Can the LumaSoothe also help with weakness?

Is it possible that it is the vestibular?

@Dr Jeff, can you help?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

MarijkeH

Registered
I'm sorry to hear that Indi was having further challenges last week. How is she now?

Yes.

Yes.

Have you received the homeopathic medicine yet?
Yes things went south rather quickly - pretty stressful!
Indi has been on homeopathics for about a week now. To start with she was precribed the following remedies: carbo an 6C (to be given every evening) - phodpherous30C (1 dose every 3 days) - nux vom 30C (1 dose every three days) - lycopodium30C (1 dose every three days) - arnica 200C (1 x weekly), barytac + ambra g (1 x weekly)
Shortly after starting the remedies Indi developed the symptoms of restlessness and panting. It was thought that the reason could at least partially be blamed on the fact that I had given her all three of the 'once every three days' remedies at the same time. I also did the same with the once weekly doses. (they were actually meant to be spread out over different days)
From there she was given chamomilla30C (from my emergency kit) and phospherous30C, alternating every half hour - these achieved no wanted results.
Next we tried Arsenicum Alb30C (also from emergency kit) and Baryta c +ambra g, alternating every 2 hours. This remedy was inconsistent - sometimes it worked and other times not. A few times she slept so heavy that she would start sliding off the bed, and when we move her back up into an ideal position she simply just stayed in that deep sleep without any movement etc. - it seemed as though she were drugged.
Other times however, the pacing and the panting would continue as usual.
We took Indi for a walk this morning and she walked very well - however, her demeanour was like that of a horse who was finally 'broken in'.. - No more panting or pacing just this old dog with no get up and go.
Phone the homeopath this morning. she agreed that we can try the remedies - 1 at a time (1 on one day then the next on the following day etc) and only give the arsenicum in the incidence of restless pacing and/or panting.
The homeopath is of the opinion that Indi's organs were shutting down. (about a year ago, my organs were also shutting down, with the help of a natural healer, I was able to overcome that) Also on top of going blind she is showing many signs of dementia.
From the first lot of remedies, we had the excellent pleasure of watching her no longer fall to the right as well as walk beautifully straight.
I am learning that there are some awesome breakthroughs when it comes to healing and dementia is one of them.
Is there anything more I can do for her?
My motto/belief is "where there is life there is hope"

Dr Jeff

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much for you update Marijke. I'm so sorry to hear that Indie is having further health challenges. :confused:
s there anything more I can do for her?
Yes! You may want to consider holding off on further dosing of the homeopathic remedies for a few days. This will allow her body to respond to what you have already given her (her body can't fully respond while dosing).
My motto/belief is "where there is life there is hope"
Me too!

Wat's Indie's biggest quality of life challenge at this time?

MarijkeH

Registered
Thanks so much for you update Marijke. I'm so sorry to hear that Indie is having further health challenges. :confused:

Yes! You may want to consider holding off on further dosing of the homeopathic remedies for a few days. This will allow her body to respond to what you have already given her (her body can't fully respond while dosing).

Me too!

Wat's Indie's biggest quality of life challenge at this time?
Thank you for the response - feels comforting to have yourself and the HA! team behind me on this challenging journey ❤️
I would say her biggest challenge is her cognition ... close behind must be blindness (well pretty close to) ... then she seems to be getting weaker as the days go by.
Yesterday we decided to buy the LumaSoothe, but in total it would come to about $380AUD , hence I am waiting till tomorrow to check around and see if there is something similar in Australia.

There is a product called 4Life transfer factor. We have used it in the past for one of our other animals and it did wonders. - would you know which 'strength/formula' is suitable for a dog? ... Would have started her on it earlier, but, it's always such a struggle to make use of another living being.
I have a video on how to test to see if she has an intolerance to any of her foods and supplements (kinesiology). That is something that we can start with. Have made use of kinesiology on myself, only to discover that so many health products/superfoods, that should have been highly beneficial, were in fact weakening my body. Maybe it's the same for Indi.

Dr Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
feels comforting to have yourself and the HA! team behind me on this challenging journey ❤️
Thanks for saying that. Helping support y'all is why we're here!
would you know which 'strength/formula' is suitable for a dog?
I don't use this particular supplement but it might be on the product label. How much have you used before?

How about some Mg threonate and extra snuffle mat time for her brain?

Maybe find out if this supplement (or similar) is available in Australia:

Canine Senior Vitality Pro Multivitamin for Dogs​

MarijkeH

Registered
Thanks for saying that. Helping support y'all is why we're here!

I don't use this particular supplement but it might be on the product label. How much have you used before?

How about some Mg threonate and extra snuffle mat time for her brain?

Maybe find out if this supplement (or similar) is available in Australia:

Canine Senior Vitality Pro Multivitamin for Dogs​

Hi, Thank you for the help. I have been Listening to webinars on brain health (awakening from alzheimers) as well as other resources from my email list. They were geared to humans, so I am hoping you can let me know what is ok for dogs - bearing in mind that it seems that she is now in a urgent situation. For us this is a last ditch situation. So the stronger the better.
Do you happen to know anything about GLPI (peptides used for weight-loss. Apparently they very much instantly have a positive effect on the brain, whereas all other supplements take weeks - at the rate at which she is declining she does not have that time available to her.
Apparently detoxing is very good - is there a way to detox a dog?
According to latest studies the following supplements are apparently very good for the brain:
Panax Ginseng
Magnesium Taurate
Hydroxybutyrate
vitamin D
Acetyl-L-carnitine
DHEA
lipoic acid
pqq
Brahmi
polygala tenuifolia
tocotrienals
Alpha GPC
huperzine A
Can you possibly let me know which of these would be relatively safe for Indi, and maybe the maximum dose.
She is presently taking: Activated B-Complex ... Lion's mane ... Ginkgo as brain support (they are apparently not doing much) Maybe I can up the dosage? At the moment I am giving her half human dosage (she weighs 24kg)
Also she is having blended blueberries with her breakfast ... if it would do her no harm, maybeshe can have this with all three of her meals - or more?

Do you know of any binders that can be used to on a dog to remove mold from body?

Studies show that lipids work quickly and effectively to help reverse alzheimers - I have no idea what to look for nor where I could purchase them??
The situation is dire, and if there is no improvement we may need to say goodbye for now.

With heartfelt gratitude - Marijke

Dr Jeff

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
know anything about GLPI (peptides used for weight-loss. Apparently they very much instantly have a positive effect on the brain,
If you mean GLP-1, then no, I am not aware of positive cognitive effects beyond eating less and weight loss.

- is there a way to detox a dog?
Yes, the most effective way is to activate the natural healing and detoxing abilities. You do this through the energy raising and balancing techniques we've been discussing (food, nature, happiness, etc.).

In addition, Dr. Dee (she spoke to HA! about rabies vaccinosis) recommends zeolite::

Home | Zeolite Labs

DrDee10 is the coupon code for 10% discount.
vitamin D
Having vit D. levels checked is a good idea before using it. Rx Vitamin's D3 may be available in Australia:

blended blueberries with her breakfast ... if it would do her no harm, maybeshe can have this with all three of her meals - or more?
Yes! If she likes them, then all of her meals! I also love the organic kale and wild blueberry smoothie:

Do you know of any binders that can be used to on a dog to remove mold from body?
Zeolite may also do that (perhaps ask the company).

Studies show that lipids work quickly and effectively to help reverse alzheimers - I have no idea what to look for nor where I could purchase them??

1 raw or lightly scrambled egg/day!

Best of luck with Indi. She's a lucky girl to be transitioning with such a loving and supportive mom. ? :dogrun::dog2:

MarijkeH

Registered
If you mean GLP-1, then no, I am not aware of positive cognitive effects beyond eating less and weight loss.

Yes, the most effective way is to activate the natural healing and detoxing abilities. You do this through the energy raising and balancing techniques we've been discussing (food, nature, happiness, etc.).

In addition, Dr. Dee (she spoke to HA! about rabies vaccinosis) recommends zeolite::

Home | Zeolite Labs

DrDee10 is the coupon code for 10% discount.

Having vit D. levels checked is a good idea before using it. Rx Vitamin's D3 may be available in Australia:

Yes! If she likes them, then all of her meals! I also love the organic kale and wild blueberry smoothie:

Zeolite may also do that (perhaps ask the company).

1 raw or lightly scrambled egg/day!

Best of luck with Indi. She's a lucky girl to be transitioning with such a loving and supportive mom. ? :dogrun::dog2:
Hello and thank you so much for your kind words, also much gratitude for the many links etc. :)
Have purchased zeoactive8 zeolite by natroceuticals.com, Ddrops booster liquid vitamin D (1 drop = 600iu). Also purchased Henry Blooms magnesium complex .
Maybe you are familiar with these products?
No one within the Adelaide metro area seemed to stock the products you recommended, and because we felt it was urgent, we went for the best we could get.
Is it safe to give her half a human dose?

Would you like/need me to send you the ingredients list for the magnesium complex?

The mg complex does not contain either mg threonate or mg taurate, which is a bit of a disappointment. However it does have glycinate dhydrate which I am happy about.
We wanted to purchase something quickly and it seemed to me that the magnesium complex was the best bet as it was readily available. Many years ago, Indi tested was tested by a naturopath - via kinesiology and was found to have low magnesium - so the guess is that this could be a presenting problem.
Hopefully you can give me an indication of the minimum and maximum quantities that can be administered to Indi at any given time etc.
Forgot to mention, she is also on 7 drops daily of CBD oil and 1 x krill oil 1000 daily.
Have human grade MCT oil for Indi. Would it be safe to give her half the human dose?

Have included an E book on brain boosting supplements. If it is not too much to ask, then maybe you can let me know which can be included safely for Indi ... Certainly I would understand if that is too much of an ask :)

Dr Jeff

Attachments

• The-Top-Natural-Nootropics-and-Brain-Boosting-Supplements-20221115.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Marijke!
Maybe you are familiar with these products?
Unfortunately I am not.
Is it safe to give her half a human dose?
I'm not sure. Perhaps ask the companies and your local vet (who can look at the products in person).
MCT oil for Indi. Would it be safe to give her half the human dose?
If she is 25kg or above then yes. You may want to start with a smaller amount and work up. Oils can trigger stool issues and diarrhea.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom