• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Pumpkin will not open one eye

nlp

Community Member
Registered
Pumpkin (cat) with previous sore red eyes.
Since then I have found a holistic vet. She is an angel in disguise.
She has does acupuncture treatments on the first visit and diagnosis.
I was prepared with my cat journal. Gave credit to Dr. Christina.

Second visit she went into Pumpkins mouth and removed the huge piece of plaque that was
causing Pumpkins gums to be so inflamed. Then she gave us a tincture with different remedies in it.
Also EYEbright to clear up her eyes. Eye bright was great. She has been taking it for 2 weeks. and the tincture with 2 remedies I did not write down and schwefheel. Also 2 weeks. She said she would seen Pumpkin in 3 weeks. She has a long needed holiday.
Everything was going great until tonight.

Suddenly Pumpkin refuses to open her eye on the tooth side. We are hoping to heal the gums and put some weight on her. Surgery to remove the tooth still may happen. But now back to eye issues. I mixed a new remedy of eye bright today. Was it too strong? Gave her Sililasan eye drop. And her tincture from vet. She is eating. Her happy mood has disappeared. She cannot handle light. We have all the drapes closed. It is really hot here. Any suggestions. If there is no improvement I will have to go to a regular vet again. Last time he did nothing for her eye. Said it should just clear up on its own. Thank you for your help. @Dr. Christina Dr Jeff

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Hopefully she is better today. The aversion to light is a key symptom that a homeopath can use for the next prescription. Good that she is still eating. WE need patience when there are concerning symptoms, even when their mood is not great.

Try rescue remedy or stress stopper flower essence, sending healing positive energy. I would stop the remedies for a few days. This could be a healing crisis. Try a warm, then a cool hot pack and see if either helps her

Be sure you have an appointment scheduled for your holistic vet as soon as she is back.

Dr. Wanda Vackeroth - Wanda Vockeroth | Our Team - is the calgary homeopathic virtual vet.

@ Dr. Jeff, Dr. Hofve?

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi!

Holding the eye closed and drop in BEAM (possibly from eye pain) may be from a scratched cornea.

If she is not better by Mon. then perhaps have her eye stained to look for an ulcer. Most vets can do this.

In the meantime hot compresses on the eye and lubricating eye drops can help her feel better.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom