• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Pulsatilla 30c

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
Hello Dr. Jeff,

Update for Chewey who was itching, vomiting and having some issues with some constipation......

Started Pulsatilla 30c 10 wacks at 11:50pm on 8.4.21

ITCHING: Slowly getting worse but in last 2-3 days much worse. Noticed more on 8th, 9 tumbleweeds of hair on 9th overnight and 10 tumbleweeds of hair last night found on floor plus more where he was sleeping on couch and carpet where he was laying. I don't see him scratching more than say a 6 or 7 but I know he is because I see his hair is getting all knotty and I see the hair around the house or a knot hanging off of the side of his neck. (Little tidbit, this started with him itching his neck/chest and taking hair off last August/September)

He is mostly scratching his neck/chest and feet but I have noticed his wet body has improved a little and he is not as WET all day or as wet all over. Still see mid upper/mid/lower back and sides.

VOMITING: Chewey has vomited 2x in the past week and both were hairballs. A little thicker than they have been....in case that's a good sign. He was o.k. after both of them. 1 he threw up after I was holding and brushing him and snuggled me after and the second one he was off all day and threw up and I could see a little relief that night, he was a little playful.

CONSTIPATION:
This has gone down hill in the past couple days. At first Chewey pooped 2 days worth of really good hair output! Then 2 days not so hot. 9th he was a little grumpy with me petting him at night. 12:15am he licked his whole body after eating. Then he was meowing as he has been doing more of.... so I played with spoon with him and he went to litter box to poop and sat in front of it for 13 minutes, even laid down then finally pooped 3x1/2 inch hair log and little dark yellow and brown turdies. (Yip, that's a word!) Today, he sat outside his litter box at 3pm for 5 minutes then pooped dry and crumbly lighter yellow with very little hair.

APPETITE: Not so good. Eating but like 3 nuggets a day rather than 4 or 5 or sometimes more. But this I think goes with his hair intake/output.
ENERGY: This hasn't been so hot and it's not so hot still but a little bit more umph to him at some times. Interested in playing but not pouncing of any nature, just swatting or biting at his wooden spoon he loves. Sleepy still a lot. Sleeping out on couch a lot with me during day. Not going in closet so a little improvement and a little of the same sleepiness.
MOOD: Up and down still.
BEHAVIOR: Went after Tigger 2x but don't think either was aggressive just his not knowing how to play. Doing a bunch of meowing at night but I don't know if it's attention or food at times. It is killing me tho! Momma needs SOME sleep! ;0) Other than that he is up and down with letting me hold him I think depending upon how his belly is feeling. He HAS been loving getting brushed on his neck/chest, mouth, etc. He has been doing this weird thing when I brush his neck within past 2 days. He sticks his chin SOOOOOOO far up in the air and lets me brush for like 4 minutes! That's new!

As usual it's a little up and a little down so.... I'm not sure if we try 1 more dose or what to do. Maybe we try 1 more dose since he only threw up 2x and it was productive hair logs rather than just liquid. Also, he pooped good the first 2 days after dose and his all body licking wetness has seemed to improve a little.

Constipation needs to be addressed and not sure if another dose would help or if at this time we invite in good ol vaseline!

Thanks!
:0)
Tammi
Itchy and Scratchy's Mom

20210810_220246.jpg

20210810_220309.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear that Chewey is worse. :(

If possible for you, please submit a web form update for other important context.

Thanks Tammi.

TammiL

All-Access Member
Registered
UPDATE:
I sent you a web form update as you asked on August 12th.
We spoke, August 13th-15 min. call, and I re-dosed Chewey August 14th 12:10am.

RECAP:
Dose on August 4th Pulsatilla 30c 10 wacks
1.) Chewey was itchier
2.) Meowing a lot before pooping and sitting outside his litter box before pooping for 5-15 minutes
3.) Chewey vomited 2x since this dose but it was hair and not just liquid so I thought that was at least productive and better???
4.) His appetite was down but it could have been also contributed to the other bag of food that they both didn't eat.
5.) Sleepy often and missing meals to sleep
6.) Mood is up and down, lets me pet and wants to play a little then doesn't. He has played a little daily but not running around anymore, just swatting stick
7.) Chewey pooped out a bunch of hair for 2 days after his dose then it tapered off and went up and down a little.
8.) He stayed a little near Tigger a couple of times which is GOOD.
9.) Whole body hair wetness did decrease a little on 9th and has just improved!
*** I did notice 24 hours later he had some energy and spunk to him and let me chase him a little without hissing at me. No running since then tho. So there was some playful interest just not lots of energy.

NOW AUGUST 14th dose:
Next dose August 14th, Pulsatilla 30c 10 wacks 12:10am
*Bit of spunk morning of 14th at food time. Trotting to kitchen! Big open eyes!
*A little less itchy
*Whole body is 80% less wet then it was!
*Vomit 1x on 15th a boatload! 7 inches long of hair log, just tons! Have a picture! Threw up between 12 and 8pm. Good spirits when I got home but he did go behind bedroom curtain and meow'd several times. I went in and held his foot and he stopped meowing then didn't meow again after I left about 10 minutes later. He did this 1x 15, 16 and 17. I go in and give him a little attention and he stops but it's weird.
*Went in tub when curtain was open and meow'd in there a few times. WEIRD. He has been in there 2x now within the past couple weeks. You think he would grab the soap and shower at least!
*Little more spunk to him since this dose

AUGUST 17th DOSE
So, with all that, I saw more positive and gave him another dose, 8/17 after his last meal. 10pm he was sleeping and took dose well! :0)

8/18 morning after dose:
1.) Threw up 3am 3x3/4 hair long and yellow liquid. Right after he brought me to bathroom to pet him and he purred and laid on my lap purring 20 minutes or so. He wanted to eat 30 minutes later then drank water 4am. Lets me snuggle n pet him and wants more attention but not to be held too long. Later in day he was cuddly and playful and went in paper bag to play! Was spunky! Slept thru dinner tho 3 to 8pm.
2.) Licked whole foods strap that he loves to lick

8/19
Doesn't feel well. Woke 5:15am to eat then slept. WONDER IF IT WAS SOMETHING ON WHOLE FOODS BAG
Played in bag again 11;45am saw excitement in his eyes to play in bag.
8:30pm when I came home he didn't come out to greet me. 9:30 he was still sleeping behind curtain in my room. He had a big drool hanging from his mouth that dripped by his missing tooth. He got up and looked EXHAUSTED.
9:30pm THREW UP clear liquid with drop of hair a bunch of spots then drank water. After he threw up he pooped some nuggets with some hair.
12:55am Projectile vomit it looked like cuz spot was HUGE on carpet covered like 2 feet x 1/2 foot wide liquid wet. After he laid on me on towel purring and cuddling 30 minutes putting his face snuggly in my hand.

THROW UP CONTINUES NEXT MORNING

8/20
More throw up 5:30am by litter box in bedroom and I found 6 spots and they were at different times because some were dryer. All were liquid with little hair and white bubbles like.
He slept. 10:45am wanted food gave him just 1/5 nugget and he has been better since. No more throw up.

He is snuggly, he has slept behind curtain a bit and out in living room a bit.
He has been eating less probably related to throw up
Itching is a little less
Wet hair is less just sides are being licked a little and neck and feet still.
His poop is a bit more hair productive. YAY
Mood and behavior seem o.k....minus he's looking for more snuggles, so he may be a little clingy on and off.
Not running around playing but watching.
Still sleeping a bunch on and off.

To dose or not to dose again??????

I have 30 minute follow up August 27th as well.

:0) THANK YOU for your thoughts, help and opinions!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
No dose IMHO.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom