• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Possible detox going on?

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
Has anyone here ever fed their dog this food?

It’s from a farm in NY, available at a store near me. I’ve been feeding my dog Primal since mid June. Jury’s still out on whether it’s agreeing with him or not. He’s had finicky colon the past couple of weeks.

But one thing occurred to me- he used to try to eat asphalt on our walks- and I’ve noticed that since he was switched to Primal- he hasn’t tried to eat asphalt. So was Answers lacking something that he’s no longer lacking? Is his soft poop issue an indication of some kind of detox?

it does shed new light on this behavior.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
1. Yes, I have used and love RAWganics.

2. Probably not.

3. It depends on the context. Usually not.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
As we spoke tonight, it is fine to have some symptoms, like softer stool, even for a good while (weeks) if there is no straining, or other evidence of discomfort from the stool.

I rarely say something is lacking in a diet, but your dog certainly is healthier (even with soft stool) because of no need to eat asphalt!!

Dr. Christina

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, I have fed RawGanics now for several years and my dogs love it and have done well on it. They also get a variety of other food mixed in randomly. I am lucky to have a friend who picks up at the farm and I meet her in Wingdale every few weeks to get my supply.

I have also used Answers and Primal and my dogs did well on those brands too but with 4 /30-60lb dogs I have found RawGanics much more affordable and a great product.

Jackie

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
Yes, I have fed RawGanics now for several years and my dogs love it and have done well on it. They also get a variety of other food mixed in randomly. I am lucky to have a friend who picks up at the farm and I meet her in Wingdale every few weeks to get my supply.

I have also used Answers and Primal and my dogs did well on those brands too but with 4 /30-60lb dogs I have found RawGanics much more affordable and a great product.

Jackie
It seems it only comes in patties and there are limited proteins available. I guess I’ll stick with Primal. BUT I wonder if something has changed with Primal because my dog has had soft, sometimes mucusy poop lately. His poop went back to being firm and normal this past week and I realized it was when I was feeding nuggets from an earlier bag that was in the bottom bin of my freezer. When I opened a new bag yesterday, boom, it’s back to soft poop again. I messaged Primal but they haven’t gotten back to me. Now I’m worried about quality control. It was hot this past month!

jsqueglia

All-Access Member
Registered
It seems it only comes in patties and there are limited proteins available. I guess I’ll stick with Primal. BUT I wonder if something has changed with Primal because my dog has had soft, sometimes mucusy poop lately. His poop went back to being firm and normal this past week and I realized it was when I was feeding nuggets from an earlier bag that was in the bottom bin of my freezer. When I opened a new bag yesterday, boom, it’s back to soft poop again. I messaged Primal but they haven’t gotten back to me. Now I’m worried about quality control. It was hot this past month!
More info if it helps...
RawGanics also comes in 1oz Nuggets. Proteins that I know they have are Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Rabbit, Duck and Lamb. Plus 8oz patties of everything as well as 4oz patties which have veggies added

You can also Pick up at the Farm in Lagrangevile, NY
They have a bunch of other products like goats milk, treats and a Garlic supplement for tick control

Any of their distributors should be able to order whatever you want. The duck and Rabbit are pricey but I don't think any different than Primal or Answers.

I don't have any affiliation with the company. I know this because my friend owned a pet store and sold their products. She would get whatever you wanted but stocked Beef, Chicken and Turkey because the price was reasonable and was what most of her customers purchased.

SusanI

All-Access Member
Registered
More info if it helps...
RawGanics also comes in 1oz Nuggets. Proteins that I know they have are Beef, Chicken, Turkey, Rabbit, Duck and Lamb. Plus 8oz patties of everything as well as 4oz patties which have veggies added

You can also Pick up at the Farm in Lagrangevile, NY
They have a bunch of other products like goats milk, treats and a Garlic supplement for tick control

Any of their distributors should be able to order whatever you want. The duck and Rabbit are pricey but I don't think any different than Primal or Answers.

I don't have any affiliation with the company. I know this because my friend owned a pet store and sold their products. She would get whatever you wanted but stocked Beef, Chicken and Turkey because the price was reasonable and was what most of her customers purchased.
The store that carries it only has a couple of varieties, none of the nuggets. I’ll probably stick with Primal- at least for now. I opened a new bag of the Primal beef and his poop was kindof soft again. I really wonder if they changed the formula or what. Last week when I finished off what I had from a bag from a few weeks ago, his poop was perfectly normal for almost the whole week.
His BEAM has improved dramatically though.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom