• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Online supplement companies

LilF

Community Member
Registered
Hi, I JUST discovered this category on this forum! I hope my question fits in.... I know, and/or fear/ some online vendors sell knockoff supplements. I do not buy from Amazon because of things I have heard. So does anyone have any experience or opinion about the following sites to order supplements from? I want to be assured that they are selling authentic products..... Thanks

Allivet
Vet Depot
1800Pet Meds
VetRXdirect
Entirely Pets

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Lil!

My prefence is VetRxdirect because they are helpful and have fresh stock of supplements.

LilF

Community Member
Registered
I am looking for Azodyl for JJ's kidneys.... I found this on the Pet RX site... is this legitimate looking

I found something on Amazon. It took me to the Vetoquinol "store" but when I went to check out it said being sold by zsquard or some such name. Some of the choices on Amazon show a different label for Azodyl upon inspection... I am concerned of knockoffs. But if you feel the petrx link i sent is ok I will get it from them.

My vet said she got hers from amazon but she did not know the vendor. Once I ordered supplements for myself and they came looking all beaten up ( I saw a news story on this as well) and that year I took that supplement (A DIM supplement) I lost 15 lbs for no reason. So when it says go to the Vetoquinol store and then it says the name of another company sending it, what is up with that?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
So when it says go to the Vetoquinol store and then it says the name of another company sending it, what is up with that?
It means that this store is selling Vetoquinol products that may, or may not, be verified, fresh, grey market, etc.

FWIW, here's where I send pet parents to but Azodyl (and yes, that's what the bottle looks like):

BillH

All-Access Member
Registered
Back in the day, when I was servicing the show dog arena, and working dog arena, as well as supplying my products for domestic pet health simultaneously within my then client base. I promoted what was then called my BH Sales Power Trio, which was comprised of DE, menhaden fish oil, and Thorvin Kelp aka Kennel Kelp at the time. Many of those folks seemed to have success to a large degree with a combination of sea veggies, fruits, and herbs. As a natural probiotic with digestive enzymes, it supported their normal gut health, optimal thyroid function, and heart health then supporting a more active life especially then for the race dogs as well!
Thanks
GB

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for sharing Bill. Those 3 sound great!

Bill Wolf's (from Thorvin) webinar in your member area would also be wondeful to watch to learn more about kelp.

BillH

All-Access Member
Registered
I read the article with Bill Wolf when I first joined HA great read and info he has had amazing career I mentioned this on one of my podcast of recent note Thanks Dr. Jeff GB

LilF

Community Member
Registered
It means that this store is selling Vetoquinol products that may, or may not, be verified, fresh, grey market, etc.

FWIW, here's where I send pet parents to but Azodyl (and yes, that's what the bottle looks like):

LilF

Community Member
Registered
@Dr. Jeff I have to mention that after using the Azodyl now for a couple weeks, I have noticed that in the mornings JJ is more "with it" mentally. So maybe he was experiencing more azotemia than dementia. He goes to the door first thing in the morning without confusion and seems to get down the 2 little steps more assuredly. I am now giving him the recommended dose of 3 caps a day. It has been hard to get supplements into him but have been using the Honest Kitchen meal enhancers, Beef Ranch, Turkey Duck and some wellness canned food. I noticed the green gunk in his eyes has lessened and do not know if that was from the possible toxins in his blood from the kidney. I am also giving Denamarin and stopped the food that I was feeding during the time the green stuff developed. But the message here is mainly that it seems his cognitive status has improved some on the Azodyl, maybe confirming the toxins in the blood affecting this.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for this great news and useful info Lil. Great observation and evaluation of response (to the Azodyl)! ❤️ ?

I'm super glad to hear that JJ's mental state is improving.

Yes, azotemia from kidney dis-ease and liver problems are two common metabolic issues associated with cognitive decline.

On a related note (regarding feeding and mental acuity) you may want to consider trying a simple feeding tool called the Mine Pet Platter.

Dr. Carol (who developed it) will be sharing a member coupon code if you decide to try it.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom