• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Miasms and Veterinary Homeopathy

M

merrynb

Hi there : )

I have just been reading about miasmatic prescribing and I'm curious to know if this is an approach you take in your veterinary cases?

Also, what are your observations of miasms in our pets? Are the same miasms observable? Do the different miasms have the same prevalence as in the human population or not? What patterns have you noticed?

from Merryn

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Welcome back Merryn!

Yes, the miasms are definitely an important part of my approach to a homeopathic case.

However, they are only one piece. And we should define what you mean by a masm.

Hahnemann's theory of chronic dis-eases is also called his miasmatic theory. His masterpiece book (second only to his "Organon")  "<a href="https://www.amazon.com/Chronic-Diseases-Samuel-Hahnemann/dp/8131902129">Chronic Diseases</a> -Their Peculiar Nature and Their Cure by Homeopathy" is a must read.

This is the place to start on your journey through the miasms.

In general, the miasms of animals are indeed the same as those described by Hahnemann. That is psora, syphilis and sycosis.

The main difference is that we also see lots of vaccinosis. However this is really a sub-set of the sycotic miasm. As described initially by Dr. Burnett. You can read more <a href="https://books.google.com/books?id=J3QFAAAAQAAJ&amp;pg=PR8&amp;lpg=PR8&amp;dq=vacinosis+burnett&amp;source=bl&amp;ots=CaiueoW229&amp;sig=Rmo3a5wVoALZVNMkOwrp_j5RQwo&amp;hl=en&amp;sa=X&amp;ved=0ahUKEwi7jdLR8anbAhWoq1kKHaF7CyUQ6AEISzAH#v=onepage&amp;q=vacinosis%20burnett&amp;f=false" target="_blank" rel="noopener">here</a> for free in his little book about vaccinosis and its' cure by Thuja.

It's important to note that many homeopathic medicines treat vaccinosis. Not just Thuja.

Back to miasms in general, are you referring to the Hahnemannian conception of chronic dis-eases and their relation to masms, or do you mean the modern thinking, e.g. per Sankaran, <a href="https://www.amazon.com/Foundation-Chronic-Miasms-Practice-Homeopathy/dp/0977305716" target="_blank" rel="noopener">Heudens-Mast</a>, etc.?

Dr. Jeff

M

merrynb

Thanks. Yes I am thinking primarily about psora, sycosis and syphilis, although the book I'm reading also talks about the tubercular and cancer miasms as being crossovers of the main 3 (Hahnemann Revisted by Luc de Schepper). I'm interested in your thoughts on these other two?

Interesting about vaccinosis being a subset of sycosis. Could you possibly paste in the vaccinosis remedies? You emailed these to me ages ago, but there seemed to be a lot of gobble-de-gook amongst them. I hoped I would understand it when I knew more but I still don't lol!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Merryn-

Regarding miasms, I primarily only think about the three that Dr. H discusses (though Allen makes a compelling argument for another called pseudo-psora/tubercular in his Chronic Miasms book.

I'd advise that you initially just think about miasms as Sammy H. did. Acute infectious diseases (no hyphen here) that when suppressed leave a "miasmic taint" on the individual.

Don't worry what Luc (or Sankaran or Scholten, or...) say about miasms. They're adding unnecessary filters to Hahnemann's original miasms.

Regarding the rubric, sure! Here is the general one from Synthesis:

GENERALS - VACCINATION; AILMENTS AFTER: (58) Abrot. Acon. Ant-t. Apis arn. Ars. bapt. Bar-c. Bell. bufo calc. calc-sil. carc. cean. crot-c. crot-h. cupr. diph. echi. ferr-sil. graph. hep. kali-chl. Kali-m. kali-sil. lac-v. LYSS. mag-p. mag-sil. MALAND. mang-sil. Merc. merc-cy. MEZ. nat-sil. Ped. phos. Psor. pyrog. rhus-t. sabin. SARS. sep. SIL. sil-met. skook. stram. SULPH. THUJ. tub. v-a-b. VAC. Vario. ZINC. Zinc-i. Zinc-m. Zinc-n. Zinc-p.

Have fun!

Dr. Jeff

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom