• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Kitty w ulcerative kertinosis from a upper respiratory infection now coughing

RoxanneR

VIP Member
Registered
I have a 6 month old Birman who ended up with Ulcerative Keratinosis in his eye as a result of an upper respiratory infection. As of today he is coughing and I can hear it in his chest. I am VERY concerned. Should I take him to the vet? I can't see Dr Jeff until Nov 19. Any help appreciated. He does get immunity drops and probiotics as well as fermented foods and raw food. Hot compresses and Genteal drops in his eye!!

Dr. Sara

VIP Member
Veterinarian
HA! Faculty
Dear Roxanne,
It is not a good sign when you can hear a cat breathe. Cats tend to be very quiet when they breathe, so this could indicate something seriously amiss. You don't say how your kitty feels in himself, but the combination of coughing and audible breathing is not good. I would suggest an evaluation by a vet soon, and if your cat is depressed and / or not eating, this could be an emergency situation.
Dr. Sara

RoxanneR

VIP Member
Registered
Dear Roxanne,
It is not a good sign when you can hear a cat breathe. Cats tend to be very quiet when they breathe, so this could indicate something seriously amiss. You don't say how your kitty feels in himself, but the combination of coughing and audible breathing is not good. I would suggest an evaluation by a vet soon, and if your cat is depressed and / or not eating, this could be an emergency situation.
Dr. Sara
Hi Dr Sara! Thank you so much. We took our boy to the vet ASAP and I’m happy to report his lungs are 100%. We don’t know what we heard but it could’ve been from his throat from an irritant but all is clear!!!! The extra good news is the probiotics fermented foods and immuno drops must be helping his eye bc she could see the blood vessels growing towards his cornea! Wahoooo!!!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom