• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Kitten foaming at the mouth, vomiting with loss of appetite

JoanneDM

VIP Member
Registered
About an hour ago, I found my 3-month old kitten foaming at the mouth after having vomited clear liquid, with a couple of grass litter granules, a piece of what I think is some paper towel swallowed last Saturday (about 1.5 square inch eaten up back then) and a bit of fur. Not sure why this happened. She ate less that 20% her usual meal intake, otherwise energetic but no appetite for lunch ... is there anything I can do for her stomach?

@Dr. Christina @Dr. Jeff @Dr. Jean Hofve

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Joanna!
3-month old kitten foaming at the mouth after having vomited clear liquid, with a couple of grass litter granules, a piece of what I think is some paper towel swallowed is there anything I can do for her stomach?
Thanks for asking! 😻 You should not need to do anything other than playing with, talking to, and loving up your kitten as usual.

If her BEAM drops, she continues to vomit or doesn't want to eat by dinner, then definitely scchedule an exam with your local vet.

Please let us know how she is by tomorrow.

JoanneDM

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you Dr. Jeff for your speedy response. Bodhi ate more over an hour ago and finished her lunch just now ... though I'm wondering what could possibly have caused the foaming at the mouth ... any insights would be greatly appreciated...although I realize it can be hard to tell...

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Glad she ate.

Often cats will foam at the mouth after vomiting. If she found a bit of something that was a little acidic, it may have caused the foaming.

As Dr. Jeff said, try not to worry, focus on fun, allow the body to naturally heal itself - and of course - post here.

Keeping the journal can help, as can finding that homeopathic or TCVM veterinarian for your team.

Maybe re-read lesson one of the 101 health course on the value of symptoms which may help you not worry as much. And Anitra Frazier's 2 webinars & Two Crazy Cat Ladies webinar

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
what could possibly have caused the foaming at the mouth
Yes, it is distressing. But usually harmless.

Cats also foam at the mouth whenever they taste something bitter or that they don't like and sometimes when they're nauseous.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom