• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

IPhone App to Track Symptoms

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
Hello. Are any of you aware of an iPhone app that allows you to track a pet's symptoms easily? If yes, what is it, and how has your experience been?

I struggle to keep a journal at the end of the day because I am often too tired, and I end up putting it off for the next day and the next. I thought that having an app on my phone where I could enter a symptom with the touch of a button might be the solution. I started developing something very simple, but it occurred to me that something like this may already be available.

tsharlo1

VIP Member
Registered
I’m not aware of an app to track symptoms but sounds like a great idea!

I too struggle at the end of the day to write in my journal. I think I will remember but after a couple days I realize I have forgotten what happened when.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Wow, thanks for starting to develop this app.📱

It's a great idea!😍

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
I’m not aware of an app to track symptoms but sounds like a great idea!

I too struggle at the end of the day to write in my journal. I think I will remember but after a couple days I realize I have forgotten what happened when.
I am glad to hear that I am not the only one in this position. If you think this app may be of use to you, I would love to share with you what I have done thus far and get your input on how you might want to use it. Let me know if you would like to chat.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
This may not be helpful since you already have an app for this purpose @ivegrgas, but I would like to share that I mainly use Apple devices and I use Apple's "Notes" app for journaling (I create main folders by pets, then sub folders by years, then sub-sub-folders by months). I have been using this app for years and it's working well for me...and it's cloud-based and synced with all my devices. So I could be out with my pup and find something that needed to be noted in the Notes, I could just type it in my Notes right on the spot, on my phone. When we get home for my pup's dinner, for example, I can just type on my laptop or iPad to enter what my pup was having for dinner that night. I also find this app helpful when I'm at the vet. When I need to do a specific search (i.e., drop in appetite in BEAM), I can utilize the "search" feature. I can also add photos in the Notes. If this is app not a good option, I would recommend Goodnotes as an alternative. 📓

I'm always open to new ideas/methods of journaling. If you could share your app with me, I'd be very grateful.

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
Hi @ChristineL, the App that I am working on uses Notes to store the information. The purpose of the App is to allow a person to enter information into the Notes with very few clicks. As it stands right now, I am able to one icon and it creates a new note with the Current Date as the tile in a specific folder. Then for example, when I want to record that my dog had a Bowl Movement, I can do that by simply clicking on the Icon, selecting relevant information (for example that it is a Normal Stool with some mucus) and the App records that information along with the the time in the Note with the current date. So, it basically does everything at you are already doing but in a more automated way. As you describe, you an access this note from multiple devices and if some detail is missing you can go back and edit it. Problem with me is that I never take the time to type out the necessary information so I figured if I can do it quickly and easily, chances that I will actually do it are greater.

ChristineL

VIP Member
Registered
Hi @ivegrgas - Wow...when will the app be available? I would love to use this app for journaling/tracking. Will you be incorporating "BEAM" score in this app? :) Can this also be used for multiple pets?

Last edited:

ivegrgas

VIP Member
Registered
Hi @ChristineL - you ask all great questions and this is evolving as we speak. I am working on incorporating BEAM score but I want to be able to not only record the score, I want to have the ability to input at the same time an explanation of the score. Since I am learning how to do this as I go along it is taking some time. Once I figure out how to enable it for multiple pets, I am happy to give you the link to download it and I can incorporate your feedback. For additional ideas I started re-reading @Dr. Christina's Healthy Animal Journal. Thus far I am able to track the following symptoms (and clues): Mood, Itching, Bowl Movements, Outings, Remedies (records remedies in both the daily journal and a separate remedy list), Limping, Free Form Notes. And BEAM Score with Comment is in development stage.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom