• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Importance of Play for Pets and People

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi @everyone!

Playing more with our pets and on our own is super helpful.

@Dr. Jean and I had the opportunity to play together during last night's Laughter Yoga session on Zoom. These are free daily classes that I heartily recommend. It's just fun to have all that laughter surrounding us for 30 minutes .

Here's an article that discusses the benefits of bringing more play into our lives:

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
What an interesting and fun class! Also included some much-needed *physical* exercise, which got me through the rest of the evening with renewed energy (and who doesn't need that!) It's free and happening every evening, see: Laughter Yoga International - Health, Happiness and World Peace

While we're on the subject of play for pets, cats' needs are rarely recognized! Most dog people are great at throwing balls or engaging their dogs in other fun activities, but cats?? Here are a couple of articles on playing with cats for their health AND yours, because it also provide lots of laughter!

Play Therapy | Little Big Cat
Play is Important for -- Survival?? | Little Big Cat

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for coming to class Jean.

Maybe you'll even want to join me to investigate the physiological response to a 30 minute class 3x/week for 3 months!

Also, you mentioned a snuffle mat for your kitty, and I wonder which one you have?

Dr. Jean Hofve

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Hmmm perhaps!

I got this purple snuffle mat for Perry at Chewy.com. Great size for a cat; fits perfectly on the base of his cat tree! He occasionally hacks up a hairball on it o_O - fortunately it is totally washable and dries fast!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom