• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Help- what are actionable holistic treatments and steps I can take to treat Cushing's disease in 9 yr old female lab?

JonahH

Registered
I made a thread about my dog having Cushing's disease a few weeks ago. Important note, she also had struvite stones and crystals with chronic utis. We had a the stones removed last October and no stones have reformed.

Dr. Jeff responded with some articles and concepts about working on the underlying imbalance. I understand that and have read those available resources.

I'm looking for advice or if anyone has any experience directly treating Cushing's. What herbs, supplements, protocols, diets worked best? Where is a good starting point? I'm seeing some good stuff on-

PetAlive Cushex Drops​

I'm also seeing some different diets. Does anyone have any direct recommendations on the best starting point? Thank you

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jonah!
direct recommendations on the best starting point?
Great question! Yes, and they all come back to the articles you saw a few weeks ago.

Getting healthy, and "treating" any dis-ease name like Cushings always depends on the specific symptoms that you see. Not the dis-ease label.

Focusing on increasing and balancing cellular energy and happiness is super critical and is, by far, the best starting point.

Deep healing is not about foods, supplements or protocols. Every individual is different. Unfortunately vet med (like human med) is based on "cookbook" things to do.

"Scientific wellness" and treatment of Cushing's is based on personalized treatment:

Regarding specific supportive (not curative) supplements, there are many, many out there.

I would not recommend any energetic treatment, such as the Cushex drops, that is being used routinely in a "give this for that" fashion.

The reason is that it can make matters worse in the long run. And in ways that seem unrelated and which may be even more serious than Cushing's (which is usually not problematic for the pet's quality of life).

Maybe look at something like this:

You may also want to consider a trained vet homeopath focused on improving vitality and balance to help with Cushing's.

JonahH

Registered
Thanks so much Dr. Jeff. That makes a lot of sense and is good information for me to hear and continue to try to understand. I think starting with balancing her cellular energy and bringing as much happiness as possible is where I will start. Things got off track a bit when I went against my intuition and went with the vets recommended urinary diet. I'm going to start with some more healing food and also try that supplement you recommended.

The cushex I was talking about is actually the S version and it has the same herbs in it as the product you recommended minus a few extras. So I will actually start with the one you recommended since it seems more well rounded. I really appreciate you throwing that out there. Thanks for all the help ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're welcome Jonah!

And maybe see if she'll drink celery juice or the wild blueberry and organic kale smoothie:

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Jonah, I want to underline Dr. Jeff's advice: "You may also want to consider a trained vet homeopath focused on improving vitality and balance to help with Cushing's."

First read the article about finding a vet. Then go to www.theAVH.org and filter for phone. Several who seem available at this time and are good include Cooney, Herman, Sagrera. Dr. Jeff also takes clients (www.homevet.com) who are members of HA!

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom