• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Female Dog, Lab- 9 years old, chronic uti's, struvite crystals/stones, with Cushing's disease

JonahH

Registered
Just found out my Dog has Cushing's disease as what's been causing her to have chronic Uti's and developed Struvite crystals/stones (stones removed a year ago, current x rays are clear)

What is my best plan of action for Cushing's disease? Doctors want to do a drug that lowers the cortisol in the blood. They recommend keeping her on urinary diet which she doesn't like and isn't healthy for her.

Any advice is hugely recommended and appreciative. She is such an angel with so much left, I want her to live the absolute best remainder of her days. Now that I know the underlying issue is Cushing's disease, I'll be eager to treat it as best I can. Thank you

MelissaC

VIP Member
Registered
You could use uva ursi, cranberry and d-mannose on a rotating basis. It works pretty well for my pup who has a juvenile vulva. There are raw diets for pups with Cushing and they can be tailored to help prevent crystals. I’m just not that familiar with them, but I’m sure you’ll get a lot of great information here.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Jonah!!

I'm sorry to hear about your pup's Cushings.

causing her to have chronic Uti's and developed Struvite crystals/stones
These symptoms are certainly associated with Cushing's, but are not caused by it. The cause is her underlying imbalance which predisposed her both to the Cushing's, UTIs, and any of her other symptoms throughout her life.

IMHO, learning more about how to build and preserve her energy balance is the most helpful thing you can do:

What is my best plan of action for Cushing's disease?
Great question! Thanks for asking. The first step is to take the HA! 101 course, and learn about how BEAM and Early Warning Signs of imbalance is key:

Then start observing and recording her symptoms to help you understand her as best as possible:

I want her to live the absolute best remainder of her days.
Yes! Optimizing her quality of life is key!! Doing so will also help "treat" her Cushing's. You're in the right place to learn how to do that.
Now that I know the underlying issue is Cushing's disease, I'll be eager to treat it as best I can.
Perhaps learn more, start using the Happiness and Terrain Optimizing Protocols and find and start working with an energetically oriented vet (like someone certified in homeopathy or acupuncture):

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom