• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Greyhound right front accessory carpal bone malunion fracture

ChristineDG

VIP Member
Registered
Rocky had an old injury get re-injured recently. Him and his brother Chief collided in the backyard running. Since this is a front right accessory carpal malunion fracture, how do I get this to heal properly? They said they feel he has a soft tissue injury right now, but definitely irritated the old injury which is why he's limping. Without surgery, is there anything I can do to help it heal better, or is the old injury from years ago re-calcified and cannot heal in a better way?

Rocky_DiGiacomo_37312-20210630160839137-0-original.jpegRocky_DiGiacomo_37312-20210630160819137-0-original.jpegRocky_DiGiacomo_37312-20210630160859195-0-original.jpeg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'm sorry to hear about Rocky's re-injury.

Yes, his body should have the wisdom to heal despite the old injury.

Has he already had Arnica?

If so, in what potency an frequency?

ChristineDG

VIP Member
Registered

I was using a topical arnica, and Frankincense young living oil. Arnica says 1x HPUS-7%

ChristineDG

VIP Member
Registered

Anything I should do to help it heal? Wrap it? Or just leave it be? Any specific oils I should put on it, or supplement curcumin/tumeric?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom