• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Feline Asthma and Homeopathy for Weaning Medications

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi everyone-

I'm having a discussion by email with a member with a kitty who has feline asthma.

I don't have much more info. right now (it will be forthcoming and will be posted here).

Here's the thread so far:

<em>"he's almost completely switched to raw diet and seem to be happy.
His asthma is still there but with inhaler it seems to be under control."</em>

And I asked:

<em>"How often do you use the inhaler (or any other meds)?

Are his asthmatic episodes decreasing, worsening, or staying the same?"</em>

Why would I want to know that (spoiler alert - my reply is below)?

The reply (from the kitty's guardian):

<em>
"I give him one puff once a day, and this is the only medication that he is getting.
He doesn’t have asthma attacks but his wheezing gets really bad if I don’t give him inhaler daily. So I think inhaler helps but doesn’t eliminate wheezing completely. On the bright side, he doesn’t have open mouth breathing after exercise anymore!
At this point I don’t know if we will be able to get him off inhaler. According to our vet, inhaler doesn’t have any side effects as it targets lungs directly and doesn’t get a absorbed into bloodstream."</em>

I said:

<em>"The inhaler can be cautiously weaned as soon as he starts getting treated homeopathically for the symptoms (wheezing and open mouth breathing after exercise) and is responding curatively.

Just like most drugs.

It is true. There are minimal side-effects from the bronchodilator in the inhaler.
<strong>
The problem with it (or anything that covers up symptoms) is that the underlying internal imbalance causing the symptom is not allowed to “speak”.</strong>

Does that make sense?

<a href="https://www.holisticactions.com/exactly-record-talking-pet/" rel="noopener" target="_blank">This article</a> discusses this more and has specific symptoms to monitor.</em>

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom