• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Elk or Deer Antler Velvet

NancyK

Community Member
Registered
I am looking for additional joint support for my 15.5 year old yorkie who is starting to show signs of possible arthritis. He was attacked by a pit bull a few years ago and I think he has some effects due to that. He also had a foxtail in one shoulder that formed an abscess and ruptured and could have scar tissue due to that. He also dug moles like a maniac until a couple years ago. He shows signs of stiffness when getting up but moves fine after he is up awhile. He is super healthy otherwise.

He eats a raw food diet with naturally occurring cartilage and other ingredients to support his joints. I also feed beef trachea a few times a week, along with his raw meaty bones.

I am considering giving him a supplement as well and considering deer or elk antler velvet. I always get nervous about supplements and wondered what thoughts folks have on the antler velvet type of supplements, or if you have other suggestions. It does look like antler velvet has some sort of growth hormone so not sure if that is problematic.

I have read about green lipped mussels, however mussels are loaded with heavy metals and not sure I want to feed that regularly.

Thank you,
Nancy

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Nacy!

Thank you for wanting to support your senior Yorkie.

The very best support is by maintaining or even increasing his cellular vitality.

What's his BEAM?

What does he love to do more than anything?

Here's one helpful (and "clean" supplement):

I also love the form of collagen in the human supplement Arthroben:

BTW-Last night's webinar had some useful tips about maintaining mobility for senior pups.

NancyK

Community Member
Registered
Hi Nacy!

Thank you for wanting to support your senior Yorkie.

The very best support is by maintaining or even increasing his cellular vitality.

What's his BEAM?

What does he love to do more than anything?

Here's one helpful (and "clean" supplement):

I also love the form of collagen in the human supplement Arthroben:

BTW-Last night's webinar had some useful tips about maintaining mobility for senior pups.

Thank you so much. I will look into these products and check out the webinar. I unfortunately missed it.

Nancy

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom