• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Electro acupuncture

tsharlo1

VIP Member
Registered
What are the pros and cons of electro acupuncture vs dry needles? Are there specific reasons to use one approach or the other? Buxton has lumbo sacral stenosis and electro acupuncture has been suggested. The vet who I usually go to has always used dry needles but I’m not able to get another appointment until the end of the month.
Thank you.
Debbie

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Great question, Debbie.
I will check with our TCVM experts.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Deb!
What are the pros and cons of electro acupuncture vs dry needles?
Great question. There are subtle physiological differences, but I think it primarily depends on the individual vet's experience and preferences.

This article may help (it says better "quick" pain relief with electroacupuncture):

tsharlo1

VIP Member
Registered
Hey Deb!

Great question. There are subtle physiological differences, but I think it primarily depends on the individual vet's experience and preferences.

This article may help (it says better "quick" pain relief with electroacupuncture):

Thank you, Dr. Jeff!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom