• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cyst

L

LauraM

I am hoping to get some advice on the best approach for what I think is a cyst from what I have read that appeared on our 3 year old Vizsla’s ear (Reno). He does not have any other symptoms. The cyst appears to have scabbed over and I think it is about to fall off. I would love some advice on what the best treatment for this would be and what to expect and ask for if we take him into a traditional vet. I'm attaching a picture.

Per your suggestion, I am also providing20190324_124324.jpg info on diet, vaccinations, prior problems and treatments.
Diet: Reno eats a lot so he gets 2 cups in the morning and 2 cups at night of a mix of cooked chicken, spinach, green peas, rice, pumpkin, and coconut oil. In between, we continuous feed him Natural Whole Earth Farms Grain Free. When he was about 6 months old, we had to try many kind of dry foods to find one that would not upset his stomach and landed on that one so I would be hesitant to change the dry food. Reno has on and off problems with diarrhea which we have been able to pretty much adjust for with diet but it seems like we occasionally need to change up his rice/chicken food. The dry food hasn’t bothered him since we started it.
Vaccinations: We did all the regular vaccinations until Reno was 6 months old. He got kennel cough when he was about 18 months old. We got him the Bordetella shot at that time. We got a rabies shot recently to meet the legal requirement. It’s every 3 years in Nevada but we were supposed to get it at 2 years too because of the level of the one year dose.

Prior problems: He had what I think was a scratch which caused him I think to lick it and he lost hair around the scratch. We took him to the vet and had a bad experience but it healed itself and the hair grew back. We did give him melatonin.

Vet: We have had a difficult time finding a vet we trust here in Las Vegas. We have a traditional vet that we went to for our last dog that we liked so I’m hoping maybe I can combine some holistic advice with going to that traditional vet.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Laura and welcome (we'd love you to introduce yourself and post some pictures of Reno in this thread).

It sounds like the recent rabies vaccine toxin exposure triggered the internal imbalance that's manifesting as the cyst.

Try adding some raw food to his diet while decreasing the dry food.

This will increase his vitality to help restore balance.

Start slowly, because of his diarrhea history, with chicken, turkey or beef heart.

It does indeed look like Reno's vital force is healing this on its own, and the raw hearts will help.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom