• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Club Foot in a Standard Schnauzer

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
I am thinking of adopting a standard schnauzer with a club foot. What are the long term health issues? Is there anything that can be done holistically, nutrition, homeopathy etc?

Thanks,
Cindy Pinera

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Cindy-

Awe-some that you are considering rescuing a disabled pup!

Can you post a picture and give us more context, e.g the pup's age, history, and whether there are any other health challenges?

In general, the answer to your long-term health issues depends on the individual (and context). There are a lot of potentially helpful holistic lifestyle modifications.

Whether it's better to use dietary modifications, supplements, homeopathy, etc. will depend on the pup's individuality.

cindypinera

All-Access Member
Registered
Just got the puppy today November 16th. She is 11 weeks old. Rescue remedy was given to her before her plane trip from Iowa to Florida. She was not stressed. No crying, whining or acting fearful. She is cautious of Amadeus because he is a little rough. However I have Amadeus attached to a leash which is attached to my dining room table right now. Constanza ( the new standard schnauzer puppy) is resting by my feet and Amadeus is close by. They can interact without rough play since the puppy is 10 pounds and Amadeus is 45 pounds. So far Constanza likes to cuddle. As I learn more about her I will let you know. She was given Strongid twice, Nobivac 1 -DAPPv twice, Panacur 5 days preventive, Sulfa/Meth/ Flagyl 5 days preventive and Marquis preventive. I imagine she will need a probiotic to counteract the antibiotics. What do you suggest? I will give her the mandated rabies shot when she is one so I can take her to obedience class. Then I plan not to give any future Rabies booster.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Congratulations on your new puppy Cindy!

I'm glad that you were able to join us on the webinar last night to ask about her.

The wonderful probiotic blend in the MoringaPet Balance is a great place to start with using probiotics to build bacterial balance.

Consider also adding some fiber in her food to help her detox. The VRS Hepato TruBenefits is another great supplement to use for detox:

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom