• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cappuccine vomiting after a bowel movement

ChristinaP

Registered
I worry about the additional drug circulating in her system. Would that be a concern of yours? Or does the good outweigh the bad? She would also have an ultrasound, so the procedure will take longer.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Hopefully they can do it with just gas anesthesia (iso or sevoflurane) or propofol, neither of which are metabolized. It's like they were never gone! As long as they are properly monitored and supported I really don't worry that much about anesthesia, it's gotten so safe and effective. Even 30 years ago I never lost a patient under anesthesia, and I worked on some very old, debilitated cats!

ChristinaP

Registered
Hopefully they can do it with just gas anesthesia (iso or sevoflurane) or propofol, neither of which are metabolized. It's like they were never gone! As long as they are properly monitored and supported I really don't worry that much about anesthesia, it's gotten so safe and effective. Even 30 years ago I never lost a patient under anesthesia, and I worked on some very old, debilitated cats!
Thank you very much for this information.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom