• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Cappuccine vomiting after a bowel movement

ChristinaP

Registered
Hello,
With success comes challenge. Cappuccine, if you didn't know she wasn't eating, would look pretty normal to you (except for the jaundice). She has now difficulty having a bowel movement without it inspiring her to vomit. She is otherwise curious, likes to go outside (with supervision), scratches on her scratching post, purrs when petted. She is certainly not back to normal activity and behaviors, but she also does not behave like a cat who is waiting to pass over. I began her on homeopathic regimen yesterday. Carduus marianus 6X. Today, Lycopodium 30C/Chelidonium LM/3 Combo. I also question the food. Has that been sabotaging her progress? She has lost a fraction of a pound. Two days ago she was 6.5. Now she is 6.4 lbs. So...I cannot contact the vet until tomorrow. My question is why is she vomiting after bowel movement now? Is the pressure causing it? And, when or if you have had patients with feeding tubes, what food have you recommended?
Thank you.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Christina, who is the veterinary homeopath you are working with. Sometimes multiple remedies can cause problems unless carefully prescribed.
the vomiting after stool is a common sign of an imbalanced vital force.

I recommended homemade pureed food for feeding tubes. @Dr. Jean Hofve or Dr. Sue Howell (thrivepetvet.com) will be set to answer that question.

Dr. christina

ChristinaP

Registered
Dr Loops. I wasn't given an explanation for why there are two remedies. I just assume it is what Cappuccine needs, at this point.

I can definitely believe that her system is imbalanced after two rounds of antibiotics. I give her Felix's Flora, but maybe not enough. It recommends 1/4 tsp day, I give her, maybe, 1/8 + 1/16. I am waiting for digestive enzymes. I have been giving her, also, slippery elm syrup.

Thank you for the home food information.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You can trust Dr. Loops. Stay in contact with him frequently.
Send energy healing to the gut, let her walk around in dirt and grass, maybe switch to marshmallow root (slippery elm sometimes too harsh).

Dr. Christina

ChristinaP

Registered
You can trust Dr. Loops. Stay in contact with him frequently.
Send energy healing to the gut, let her walk around in dirt and grass, maybe switch to marshmallow root (slippery elm sometimes too harsh).

Dr. Christina
Thank you, very good to know about Dr Loops, but he is not available on weekends. Thank God for your forum!
How much marshmallow root would you recommend? And, do you think I should increase Felix's Flora?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

ChristinaP

Registered
Most of Julie's formulations, like this one, are fabulous!
This is very comforting to know. Thank you ? Do you recommend giving both Felix Flora and Gut Soothe or will Gut Soothe be enough since there are probiotics in that, too?

Last edited:

ChristinaP

Registered
Well, things took a turn. Cappuccine has vomited three times today. After we thought she had been making nice improvements. She has never vomited three times in one day. Is it a coincidence that we began homeopathic remedies yesterday? One remedy yesterday and one today?
It is frustrating that I do not have a way to connect with Dr Loops until tomorrow ?

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
How's her BEAM despite the vomiting?

ChristinaP

Registered
She was less active, kept to the bed, didn't join us. But, she was affectionate and was purring when we made contact with her. I stopped the homeopathics. Of course correlation isn't causation, but I wanted to see if the vomiting would lessen.

ChristinaP

Registered
Someone suggested green tripe because it is so nutrient-dense, but is it able to be pureed to go through a feeding tube? I worry about the bone and puncturing the tube. I didn't hear from the other vet, is there a wet canned food you'd recommend for the feeding tube. I think she is getting malnourished from the "vet approved" food we have been giving her for way too long. I think we accepted it because we didn't dream that she would have the tube.in...with all the complications that ensued.

Thank you.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
The easiest foods for feeding tubes are the recovery diets, like Hll's a/d. They are also very high-calorie so will help maintain her weight. Ingredients aren't fabulous but they're fine for now until she stabilizes.

You did the right thing stopping the homeopathics until you can talk to Dr. Loops.

ChristinaP

Registered
The easiest foods for feeding tubes are the recovery diets, like Hll's a/d. They are also very high-calorie so will help maintain her weight. Ingredients aren't fabulous but they're fine for now until she stabilizes.

You did the right thing stopping the homeopathics until you can talk to Dr. Loops.
Thank you for your thoughts. The vet is looking into whether the positioning of the tube can cause vomiting. It is a bit higher than they normally place it. It may have shifted during the 5 weeks she has had it in. This is the second tube. She pulled out the first one. It has been a roller-coaster of unfortunate events.

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
That's certainly a possibility. Cats are SO sensitive to every little thing!! Those tubes are wonderful and life-saving, but of course not without potential problems. The vomiting actually seems like it could move the tube even more. The stomach is a powerful muscle. Hopefully it can be adjusted, and solve the problem!

ChristinaP

Registered
That's certainly a possibility. Cats are SO sensitive to every little thing!! Those tubes are wonderful and life-saving, but of course not without potential problems. The vomiting actually seems like it could move the tube even more. The stomach is a powerful muscle. Hopefully it can be adjusted, and solve the problem!
I was told by the vet that it was up farther than normal, so it shouldn't cause vomiting. I am really at a loss for what to do. I notice you are a reiki master. Do you still work one-on-one?

ChristinaP

Registered
No, sorry, I am retired.

I would get a second opinion on that tube placement.
Cappuccine's vet wants to reposition her tube but says she will need anesthesia to do so. Are there alternatives to anesthesia that you know of that I can suggest to her? Thank you.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom