• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Size of food

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
This is also an important topic. As Beth says below, bigger pieces are indeed better for overall health and to keep teeth clean.

It's important though to supervise pets who eat very quickly.

Beth says:<em> "I have been feeding my cats a raw diet for at least 15 years. They are now 17 1/2 yrs old. My girl is healthy. My boy almost died of fatty liver at age 2 when he was on a processed food diet and mostly dry kibble (before I knew better). Like you, I notice how fresh an healthy their breath smells after eating raw uncooked bones.

One thing I would suggest is to feed chunks of raw meat vs. ground up meat. The chunks are closer to how animals eat in the wild as they tear the meat off their prey. It also allows their teeth to get a better workout.

I love hearing how people are feeding their dogs/cats raw and healthy diets."</em>

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom