• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Fleas on people

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
I've listened to much of the recent info about fleas and ticks and understand what need to do for my dog and house but any tips on humans? I feel like there's an evasive flea in my scalp (I think).

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Sheri, I doubt there is a flea on your scalp. That would be very unusual. If there are animals in the house, fleas generally prefer them as they have a higher body temperature.

Usually, when there are a lot of fleas, people report being bitten on their feet and legs as fleas mostly hang out on the ground. They jump on and jump off.

For yourself, I would have a friend or relative or hair salon carefully look at your scalp to see what may be feeling, to you, like a bug moving around.

does your dog have fleas? How many? What have you done so far?

Dr. Christina

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Thanks Dr. Christina. We think it's all under control now. You're right, it wasn't a flee in my hair. We've had a lot of fruit flies and I think it was that. Fib had what looked like just one flee, but don't know that it works that way... We're monitoring her after a Peter Dobias fee bath and a big clean up of everything around the whole house.
We're going to purchase Bug Off Garlic for Fibi (10ish pd, 15 yr old Havanese).
Thanks again!
Sheri & David

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
NO need to go to all that trouble for "possibly one flea". Do some flea combing and looking for the black, gritty flea feces at the base of the tail for a few days. If none, just inoculate your yard to help in general and not worry!

Dr. Christina

SheriS

VIP Member
Registered
Sorry! I did not hit send. Thank you for your relpy Dr. Christina. We are following your suggestions and have still only seen that one flee so far. After cleaning around the house and bathing Fibi, there has been no flee feces and there easy to see bc she wears a diaper.
Another question--Have you or anyone here had success with the Bug Off Garlic and the Nematodes that were discussed a couple of weeks ago?

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
At this point I would totally forget about fleas.
Just work on building health.

I do think it is great to inoculate your yard with the nematodes for the general health of the planet and flea prevention if needed. Sort of an insurance policy. I have seen success with fire ants in florida.
For decades people have had success with other company's nematodes.

there is no one approach that works for every person, every animal, every location.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom