• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Potential Fleas

StephanieS

Community Member
Registered
We found a couple, what might have been fleas, on our dog, zeppelin, a couple weeks ago when we were combing for ticks. I dont have experience with them before so not 100% sure. Over the last week he has gotten increasingly itchier all over his body. We gave him a bath a couple days ago and he frequents our pond.We did not see any red water in tub. We constantly comb him for ticks and havent seen any fleas since or dirt. We have an appointment with our local vet on monday and have also started reading through the fleas be gone resource. We have a newborn and toddler though so it has been slow moving. Any quick pointers would be most appreciated! thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Stephanie!

Maybe continue flea combing him daily (or as often as you're able) and consider Evict essential oil or one of the others from animaleo:

Also, @Dr. Christina's flea ebook in the HA! member area may be helpful.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Sounds very doubtful that you have fleas. There may have been one or two.

Itchiness can be caused by so many things that I would not jump to flea control (even holistic) unless you see flea dirt/red water/ fleas. this you tube is good for seeing what a flea looks like. Usually they run/hop away much faster. Ignore what they say about eggs - those white dots are so slippery you rarely see them.

Underlying energy imbalance is what causes the itchiness, so read the skin section in member resources even before the flea book. There is a topical section that may help you. And schedule your October call with Dr. Jeff or myself.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
I'd love to see the YouTube you mentioned.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
apologies - I forgot to put it in. Again, not the best - there are more that may be better -
Dr. Christina

StephanieS

Community Member
Registered
thank you both! I've ordered some aloe/oatmeal shampoo and have scheduled a follow up with Dr. Jeff. We should be getting update lyme labs this week as well. We are also setting up some flea traps the next couple nights.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You'e welcome Stephanie!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
You are welcome.

Use this "flea scare" to read more about building health and resilience and creating your health care team. Let us know what your next steps are.

Dr. Christina

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom