• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

What to do About a Dog Who Is Just Not Right?

MauraF

VIP Member
Registered
I have four raw-fed Shih Tzu. My Ele (short for elephant) will be 11 years old in two weeks. She has always been a healthy playgirl with an excellent BEAM and a wannabe 'only' dog. At the beginning of December, I noticed behavioral changes. She became a bit mopey and started to push a pillow on top of a heating vent in our family room. She would climb on top and snooze. From this vantage point, she is able to keep an eye on the rest of us in the kitchen but still maintains a distance. Her older sister sleeps in a wing chair in the kitchen. Ele will stand under it and rub her back on the bottom rim by moving her body forward and backward. Ele has always enjoyed walks immensely. Now, she will 'pass' on an afternoon walk with her three sisters one or two days per week and remain home alone. Her eyes have become goopy in the morning. This may be due to the fact that we have two Ion boxes that dry the air. She has been examined by my holistic vet and her physical exam was unremarkable. Blood test normal except high GGT(15), verified by repeat analysis. Her urinalysis had a ph of 9 and a trace of blood in the urine. In addition to blueberries and kale, I am going to add roasted beets to her diet. She has been started on; Animal Essentials Liver Defense, Vetri Science UT Strength Stat, and Vitamin C. I purchased urine ph strips but find it very difficult to catch Ele in the act to be able to test. I plan on giving her a walk alone daily as well as increased; loves/pets/massages and talkies. Open to input and suggestions. Happy New Year to all.

AN ELE A DAY.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Maura-

Thanks for sharing this post and pic. I am just now seeing it but am starting yoga class momentarily, so will read it further and reply again later today.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Maura,
could you post what type of exam your holistic vet did? Are they trained in acupuncture or chiropractic exams?

I would suggest speaking with an animal intuitive (Cassandra Kraham is a member here and Kate Solisti has spoken on our Empower Hours).

You are right on with increasing the attention and massages. Pay attention to any areas that seem sensitive to massage and record those in her health journal along with quantifying them so you will know how they change.

You may want to try something as simple as flooding her system with the super safe Rescue Remedy - Put 4 drops in an ounce of water and rub on your hands when you pet/massage her, give her a few drops whenever you think of it, and a few drops on her cushion, etc.

Listen to the Empower Hour on Reiki that Kathleen Prasad did. While taking a class is recommended for this powerful method, she shows you how to use it before any classes.

Also, Dr. Farthing spoke on the Eden Energy Method and several members reported good healing with that.

All of these are good to begin with while working to collect urine, observing, etc. Take a metal coat hanger, create a loop in it that would fit a very shallow container. You can slip it under her when she squats.

Dr. C

If chiropractic is available, I would seek that out for starters.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi again Maura-

I asked you to post Ele's health challenges as a great example of E2.

"E" stands for both exposome and energy. These scientific constructs are not important to know, but the simple and effective lifestyle tweaks that they describe can be helpful.

However since I know you, and think you'd like to know more, here's a few sentences about E2.

In short, the exposome is the molecular description of individuality. The Human Exposome project is a recent endeavor in science to describe every internal and external exposure, and response. that every individual has throughout (and even before) life.

Scientific understanding of the exposome and individuality is a paradigm shift in medicine. It even contains a description of molecular susceptibility.exposome.jpg

However, I think that like the genome, it will only explain part of why people and pets stay well or get dis-eased.

IMHO, the other needed part is the second "E" of energy, and the understanding of energy balance and information flow. In ancient wisdoms of TCM and Ayurveda, and the modern understanding of homeopathy, this flow of energy is governed by the chi, prana or the vital force.

Research into this bio-field is ongoing, and may take some time, but Ele can benefit from it today.

It is known by studying the Blue Zones of super long-lived people around the world, and work about "Radical Remissions" of cancer, that around 9 lifestyle factors are closely correlated with them both.

The TOP (Terrain Optimizing Protocol) is my translation of some of them from people to pets:top.png

You're already using lots of these methods. Keep up the good work!

The more petting, playing and puppy pranayama (sniff walks and snuffle mat) the better.

One thing I'd add, because I know Ele well, is groin massages with magnesium oil twice/day. The Mg may help raise her cellular energy and improve her internal symptoms of high GGT and urine pH as well as her external ones of decreased BEAM.

Everything we teach at HA! is based on building, preserving and balancing this energy.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom