• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Symphytum Potency for Corneal Ulcer

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
Quick question on this - I've been reviewing other forum posts about these ulcers. I'd like to offer Symphytum to my friend for her 11.5 year old Dachshund with a recurring corneal ulcer, same eye. I only have 12C. Any problem with that?

I'm thinking the reason 6C potency is suggested is because of re-dosing daily for a while?

Thanks!

Kristen

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
There is no magical potency. I have never had Symphytum work on an ulcer.
first, take the whole case - meaning list ALL other current symptoms. See if there is a trigger for the ulcers. See if she will take the 101 class (free).

12c is fine to try.
Maybe do it in water, daily, starting with 5 shakes, and carefully observe ALL changes, especially BEAM.

Dr. Christina

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
Thank you! I hope to see him tomorrow and will get a full picture and answers to questions. He's seen the ophthalmologist in Gaithersburg three times this round. The first time resulted in surgery and some vision loss. He was misdiagnosed with allergies at first and it kept getting worse as time went by. The only other symptom I could pull out today was that it starts with his eye watering profusely.

Thanks again!

Kristen

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Would he be willing to consult with a homeopathic vet?
That would have a higher chance of success than merely trying a remedy.

Does he live near you? Is Dr. Ed Shaeffer taking on new clients?
Dr. Christina

kristen_acri

VIP Member
Registered
Would he be willing to consult with a homeopathic vet?
That would have a higher chance of success than merely trying a remedy.

Does he live near you? Is Dr. Ed Shaeffer taking on new clients?
Dr. Christina
Possibly -- she, the owner, lives a few blocks from me and I occasionally take care of Rufus. I'll let her know about Dr. Ed. He's amazing as all of you are. I can't believe he's still practicing...my first homeopathic vet in 1991.

Thanks!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks so much Kirsten for helping Rufus's mom with his eye challenges.

Yes, 12c is great!

As Christina said, succuss, dose, and evaluate.

Perhaps monitor any changes for a few days, after dosing up to twice a day (if needed).

Dr. Jean Hofve

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Symphytum is known as "Arnica for the Eye" - I had a Siamese cat who got hit in the eye with a baseball - TWICE! - and Symphytum worked fabulously. No lasting effects from the trauma. But an ulcer is a different process, not bruising as would fit Arnica.

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
In Kent's repertory:
Eye: Ulceration: of cornea - over 70 medicines. Symphytum is not there. Just goes to show how prescribing on a single symptom can be misleading.
Sub rubrics, if any apply, are: right to left; one, then the other; painful; from scars, vascular - each has a few medicines.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
An ulcer is an "injury" to the cornea (bathing, abrasion, scratching, etc.).

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom