• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Sweet little kitty with seriously prolapsed colon

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Two weeks ago at the vet clinic, a lady brought in a little street cat with about 3 inches of his colon protruding from his anus. The protrusion could not be manually put back in, so the vet performed surgery to pull the colon back into the abdominal cavity and attached the colon to the abdominal wall with 3 stitches. The little kitty was doing ok but again, his colon began to protrude through his anus. Jorge (the vet) did another ab surgery and stitched the colon again to the abdominal wall. The kitty is back again with the same issue but this time, he had a blockage of very hard and very large stool which had to be removed surgically. The kitty has been dewormed so parasites are no longer an issue as far as I know. Jorge believes the kitty needs to recover in a less stressful place. Enter Bonnie. I have agreed to take him and provide a relatively stress-free area for him for his recovery. (bear in mind I have 14 cats and 4 dogs, but lots of property and lots of space) The little kitty is around 3 months old and is an intact male. What can I do holistically to help this little kitty recover? I will rep his case later today and see what remedies are suggested. I will also give him an appropriate Bach Floral remedy, but I sure could use a little guidance here. Can you offer any suggestions for me? How painful is this condition for a cat? Thank you for your help.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thank you, Bonnie for being so wonderful to take on the care of this lucky kitty!

I'd probably start with a raw goat's milk "fast" for this kitty.

With your 18 animals, will you be able to give him his "own" room for a while away from antagonistic kitties?

Here's 5 actions that will raise his cellular energy and ability to heal. Along with homeopathy, that's all he may need:

1. Fresh food
2. Happiness and play
3. Sniffing and environmental engagement (the hunt for treats game if treat motivated)
4. Negative ions
5. Magnesium oil massage

If however his colonic cells have been damaged beyond repair, he may need to have them removed by colectomy surgery.

Then homeopathy and healing actions will help him have a normal, and hopefully great, life.

Regarding pain, it depends on his individuality and susceptibility.

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
Thank you for this information Dr Jeff. It is very helpful. It would seem however, someone has stepped forward to undertake his care. This person is a vet, so I hope she can help him.

Despite my large furry family, yes, the kitty would have had his own space in a quiet location. I told Jorge if the vet who has taken on his care can't make him well, I would be happy to help using a more holistic approach as you have outlined here.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
Would the vet allow you to use holistic approaches in partnership with the conventional treatments?
Dr. C

catdoc

Community Member
Registered
My friend Jorge (who is also my furry kids' vet) would but not the person who has taken charge of the little kitty's situation. I really do have my concerns for him and I hope he will be ok.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom