• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Suki's skin scratching, Cytopoint, and what to do?

FatimahM

Registered
I was thinking of going to get another Cytopoint at this time to relieve the itching, but I am not sure if it is going to help with the eye inflammation? -- she really needs something for that. I tried all the over-the-counter eye washes, drops, etc. but not much relief.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Sweet potatoes are fine (unless the individual pet is intolerant to them).
I am not sure if it is going to help with the eye inflammation
Maybe a little but probably not much. Do you have an ionbox Fatimah? It is very soothing and can help eye inflammation (I just used mine this am on my eyes):

FatimahM

Registered
I gave Suki Thuja 30C with 10 succussions as was instructed -- 5 doses altogether, 2x/day. Her energy seemed a little bit better since then (20%?). Her eyes have cleared up (80%) and she is able to open her eyes. I stopped after the 5th dose because her itching seemed to be worse. Now, she is licking her paws so much they are all red and she has trouble walking because they are v. inflamed. She had some bumps on the upper lid of her eyes - one was like a white head and a series of little tiny bumps. They have disappeared since then. I don't know what to do with her licking of her paws -- I have tried a number of things (hot spot spray, benedryl itch cream, apple cider vinegar, etc.) but she can't seem to stop herself. It has been 9 weeks since her last cytopoint injection (the longest since I can remember). Her scratching of the body has not been as bad as before although she is still itching, but now the paw situation is pretty bad. Please advise. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Her energy seemed a little bit better since then (20%?). Her eyes have cleared up (80%) and she is able to open her eyes.
Great!

When were the Thuja doses?

FatimahM

Registered
Here is Suki's feet and eye. The eye seemed to get better but now it's back to before with a lot of little bumps. Her glands are way out also. I am still holding off going to the vet for the injection. Please advise.

IMG_0544 Suki's feet and eye.jpg

IMG_0541 Suki's eye.jpg

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Do you have a Lumasoothe Fatimah? If so, perhaps use it 3x/day.

If you don't have one yet, this new Lumasoothe 2 looks awe-some:

FatimahM

Registered
Suki does not want to eat for the past 2 days. Her glands are very swollen. Does this mean she has an infection? Is this coming from her paws what are inflamed and swollen?

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom