• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

So itchy! 10-year old pit

Lynne

VIP Member
Registered
Hello All,
Sugar, my senior female pit, has been an itchy, restless, uncomfortable mess for about 3 days. I can’t think of anything that may have changed recently as her diet (all raw) and environment seem to be the same. Before switching to a raw diet, she did have sporadic episodes of itchiness and my conventional Vet always prescribed Apoquel. I refuse to give that to her now as she’s been diagnosed with four different types of cancer. I would love some homeopathic suggestions that might help dissipate her discomfort.
Thanks!!!

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
she may be clearing out some of the old itchiness that was suppressed with the drugs. Are you currently working with a homeopathic veterinarian for the cancer? If so, contact her. If not, they can help with the skin and the cancer.

Because of the cancer, you would need to be careful giving homeopathic medicines just for the skin as every one affects the entire body, not just one set of symptoms.

For soothing help that will not suppress, check out this article - Soothing the Skin

Dr. Jeff will give you some other links from this site and you can search the forum for "skin" as well.

Dr. Christina

Lynne

VIP Member
Registered
Great! Thank you. (I tried searching itch but only got a few results.)

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Lynne-

Great to see you here on the forum to help Sugar's recent itchy restlessness.

Dr. Christina's article has some great suggestions for soothing itchy skin.

The resources she mentioned are available on the main site. Information about allergies, ozone and probiotics may be especially helpful.

Dr. Ihor's Empower Hour! webinar about mushrooms may be especially helpful for cancer and immune boosting info. Here's one of the products he advised:

A superfood-probiotic supplement that can help balance her vitality to reduce the itch is:

To help get to the bottom of the recent problem, you would need to put it into full context of her life, other symptoms, and treatment.

For example, has she received a homeopathic medicine in the past 1-2 weeks?

Please also tell us more about her cancers. When did they develop, and what kinds are they?

When was her last treatment with Apoquel, and for about how long was she on it?

Tips that can raise her cellular energy to help her heal are things like the wild blueberry-kale smoothie:

Using a snuffle mat:

Maximizing her environmental engagement with sniff walks and playing interactive games, etc.

I look forward to learning more about her.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom