• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Senior dog unable to digest chicken necks.

MarijkeH

Registered
Behaviour - very sleepy
Energy - more tired than usual
Appetite - still great (although we have cut back the regular portions.
Mood - wanting lots of love and attention
3 days ago, Indi had 5 chicken necks for lunch - She has had chicken necks previously, but no more than 3 at a time.
now for three days she has vomited several times in the early hours of the morning/night (oddly not during the day), bringing up bile and chicken neck bones.
To my understanding that would mean that her digestive system is not acidic enough to digest bones.
Can you please advise on how best to correct that.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Marijke!

Kim, thanks for tagging Marijke's post.

It sounds like there may have been a predisposing energetic factor Marijke. The fact that she vomits only at night points to a clue that her body is trying to give you.

Decreased stomach acid and a weaker than ideal digestion may be a secondary issue (with the energetic is primary).

Have you seen your local vet for this issue Marijke? If Indi's BEAM dropped after eating the chicken necks this would be a great next step so the vet can palpate Indi's abdomen.

Especially if your pup's BEAM was lower than normal prior to the 5 chicken necks.

@GinnyW, what do you think about feeding 5 vs. 3 chicken necks?

MarijkeH

Registered
Hi Marijke!

Kim, thanks for tagging Marijke's post.

It sounds like there may have been a predisposing energetic factor Marijke. The fact that she vomits only at night points to a clue that her body is trying to give you.

Decreased stomach acid and a weaker than ideal digestion may be a secondary issue (with the energetic is primary).

Have you seen your local vet for this issue Marijke? If Indi's BEAM dropped after eating the chicken necks this would be a great next step so the vet can palpate Indi's abdomen.

Especially if your pup's BEAM was lower than normal prior to the 5 chicken necks.

@GinnyW, what do you think about feeding 5 vs. 3 chicken necks?

MarijkeH

Registered
Dr Jeff, thank you for the reply; definitely not what I was expecting. have not yet managed to fathom out what the predisposing energetic factor might be, or what her body is trying to tell me.?
last night there was no vomiting and today we enjoyed some outdoor fun.
As far as her beam dropping ... from what I could tell, she became more and more tired as the days of vomiting progressed - each about 3-4 times.
All being well, will book a call for next month to discuss homeopathic remedies.:)

Dr Jeff

Last edited:

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
I would not expect to see any problem with necks - IF she is chewing even a little. They are soft and pliable, and if stomach acid is sufficient should be no problem digesting and passing nice stools. I do think she may do better on smaller meals, and - or, ideally, should be fed only once daily to allow for complete digestion and transit. You could try whacking the necks with a big knife, not cutting all the way through but just bashing them up. This would prevent swallowing whole - even if they're all of a piece, they are more amorphous and wiggly. I agree that there is something else going on energetically: add more love and calmness, and don't fuss over her eating...

MarijkeH

Registered
I would not expect to see any problem with necks - IF she is chewing even a little. They are soft and pliable, and if stomach acid is sufficient should be no problem digesting and passing nice stools. I do think she may do better on smaller meals, and - or, ideally, should be fed only once daily to allow for complete digestion and transit. You could try whacking the necks with a big knife, not cutting all the way through but just bashing them up. This would prevent swallowing whole - even if they're all of a piece, they are more amorphous and wiggly. I agree that there is something else going on energetically: add more love and calmness, and don't fuss over her eating...

Thank you for your input. Indi has had chronic pancreatitis for most of her life, therefore - to my understanding - it is best to give smaller, more frequent meals.
Decided that, given her age and the many 'aging' issues that have been presenting, my best option is to consult with an animal communicator. Also some energy healing would be mighty helpful.
Oh and we decided to turn the chicken necks into a broth ?
Very Grateful for the feedback ❤️

MarijkeH

Registered
Thank you for your input. Indi has had chronic pancreatitis for most of her life, therefore - to my understanding - it is best to give smaller, more frequent meals.
Decided that, given her age and the many 'aging' issues that have been presenting, my best option is to consult with an animal communicator. Also some energy healing would be mighty helpful.
Oh and we decided to turn the chicken necks into a broth ?
Very Grateful for the feedback ❤️

GinnyW

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom