• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Rabies vaccination in 11 yr old dog

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Hi Dr Jeff and Dr Christina, my mom’s 11 yr old dog, who is in good health just got a notice for 3 yr rabies vaccination due. Of course after learning from HA this dog has all the immunity it needs for rabies over the yrs of 3 yr vaccinating! She has never reacted to the shot negatively however over the yrs, she is a senior dog now, with tendencies to have hot spots, past history of skin abscess, and 1 removal of benign skin tumor in between toes in paw, I believe this dog will get worse if revaccinated.

We live in NY and the vet she takes Princess to strictly follows the law, no matter what the condition of the dog!. I would like to build up her immune system but don’t want to trigger anything that may be going on. For yrs she was on dry food, but I would like to get Standard Process immune support and hepatic support and slowly begin to give to Princess to build up her immunity just in case the town next year starts to send letters to my mom as she did register her with the town! I hope she is not forced to get the vaccine and if she is I have been reading on the forum, you have to be careful on what homeopathic remedy to give and I don’t want to trigger another reaction because this dog I believe needs immune boosting. I was thinking of trying Adored Beast vaccinosis before vaccinating if we have to but it may trigger something in this dog because although BEAM is 95% I know because of all her skin issues and benign tumor issues something deeper is going on.

For the past yr I have tried to help change her diet to lightly steamed raw with some canned , she is on animal essentials probiotic, and gets fresh veggies and fruits during the day. Also just added reishi mushroom powder for inflammation issues. My mom is elderly and does the best she can for her.

Any thoughts on adding Standard process either immune support or hepatic support or both? Or give ledium should my mom have to vaccinate and dosing. Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi JoAnn-

How great that you're working to help your mom's pup! :thumbsup:

These Standard Process supplements would be great to start improving this pup's internal health.

Maybe mom could 1/2 cup of the blueberry-kale smoothie to help Vitality and Balance.

Personally, I'm never a fan of routine use of any homeopathic medicine after vaccination.

It's far more effective to optimize BEAM and EWS prior to vaccination and monitor them for 3 months afterwards.

Dr. Christina

All-Access Member
Veterinarian
JoAnne,
Have you looked for a holistic vet (even several hour drive) to work with for the rabies exemption or just to support if it is needed?
Dr. Christina

JoannC

All-Access Member
Registered
Thank you Dr Jeff and Christina,
I am going to try the smoothies and start on standard process to build up her immunity.
It’s so difficult because there are no homeopathic vets in this entire area even 150 miles out. That is why Teddy has Dr Judy.

Thank you this is a good start for Princess. And maybe while boosting her immune system, the town will not send any letters. One day at a time I guess.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom