• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Question to FORL

BettinaT

VIP Member
Registered
Hi. Today my cat Bello and I went to the vet for a dental cleaning.
During the anesthesia, the vet came out and told me that two molars in the lower mouth, one on the right side and one on the left, were not good as there were signs of FORL (Feline odontoclastic resorptive lesion)
This is the pictures from today
1000000262.jpg

Bello has had this in the past, when he was 3-4 years old, and when a molar was removed.

Again in year 2022, when he had his teeth cleaned and was under anesthesia, a x-ray was taken and there was nothing wrong with any of his teeth. No signs of FORL at all.

Today this time, I said to the vet that I thought we should wait to operate on his teeth and see how it goes now that he has had his teeth cleaned.
So the vet did only cleaned the tooths today.

And the appointment I have made with the vet now, is in a month's time I will come and have an x-ray taken.

What are you thinking here?

Also @Dr. Jeff i have give my boy 1 drop propolis. I did gave him that in 3 weeks. I did notice a change in his breath.

BettinaT

VIP Member
Registered
Also the vet today give me this, its pain killer. 1000000265.jpg

And he said i should give it every day in two weeks.

@Dr. Jeff what do you think about giving this? I do not understand why i should give pain killer, as my cat only did get his teeth cleaned, nothing else.

Last edited:

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hey Bettina!

How old is Bello?

What's he eating, and how's his BEAM?

BettinaT

VIP Member
Registered
Also the vet today give me this, its pain killer. 1000000265.jpg

And he said i should give it every day in two weeks.

@Dr. Jeff what do you think about giving this? I do not understand why i should give pain killer, as my cat only did get his teeth cleaned, nothing else.

Hi. Today my cat Bello and I went to the vet for a dental cleaning.
During the anesthesia, the vet came out and told me that two molars in the lower mouth, one on the right side and one on the left, were not good as there were signs of FORL (Feline odontoclastic resorptive lesion)
This is the pictures from today
1000000262.jpg

Bello has had this in the past, when he was 3-4 years old, and when a molar was removed.

Again in year 2022, when he had his teeth cleaned and was under anesthesia, a x-ray was taken and there was nothing wrong with any of his teeth. No signs of FORL at all.

Today this time, I said to the vet that I thought we should wait to operate on his teeth and see how it goes now that he has had his teeth cleaned.
So the vet did only cleaned the tooths today.

And the appointment I have made with the vet now, is in a month's time I will come and have an x-ray taken.

Also @Dr. Jeff i have give my boy 1 drop propolis. I did gave him that in 3 weeks. I did notice a change in his breath.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

There may be something in his environment or genes that predispose him to the FORL.

What we know for sure is that his energy balance is off.

You might want to consider working with a vet homeopath.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom