• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Potency

EllyJ

Registered
Watching the Homeopathy courses (great, by the way). Need clarification: 200c is more potent than 6c, right? Am I correct in saying that it's been diluted MORE than 6c? So, to put a pellet (let's say 200c) in a cup of water, and take only a sip.... would that sip be more potent than taking the pellet alone? And for an old dog, would I want to stick to the lower potency (6c)?

GinnyW

Community Member
Registered
Well, that depends:) To give a direct answer: yes, it's more potent (potentially). The succussion is a key part of this process, so putting any pellet in water WITHOUT succussing it does not necessarily produce a weaker or stronger potency. What potency you choose depends on the disease presentation and the vigor of the patient so, yes, you wouldn't want to overwhelm a weaker animal - however, this always depends - on the remedy, the symptoms, the patient, etc. I find Hamilton's book gives a good explanation of potency and how to approach dosing. But this is why you need an experienced homeopath who knows the case.
"Potency" is a notion wherein the genius of homeopathic prescribing resides. So...not a trivial question, nor an easy one with a set answer. For simple conditions like wounds, learn your first aid remedies and go for it. For chronic conditions, get expert help.

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom