• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email [email protected].

Looking for Vet in Fairfield County, CT

JenG

Community Member
Registered
Hello, I am looking for recommendations for a vet taking new patients in Fairfield County, CT (near Bridgeport, but willing to travel). Ideally someone who is a mix of eastern and western medicine.
Thank you!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Did you already call or consult with Dr. Dan in Easton:

(203) 220-9746

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

JamieK

VIP Member
Registered
Hi Did you try Schulhof Animal Hospital in Westport.

Dr. Kris is no longer taking new patients either. What I did when I needed to look for a new veterinarian, I set up appointments with all the local veterinarians (paid their exam fee) I thought might be a fit in a 15 mile radius. I made a list of questions to ask them. For example, What is their opinion of wisely vaccinating, non chemical treatment for flea and tick protection, raw and home cooked diets, etc... If they did not have the same mine set or was not willing to work with me then I moved on to the next veterinarian on my list. I finally found one and have been very happy with Dr. Kris for 25 years now. Again it is unfortunate that he is no longer taking new patients.

The only other veterinary clinic I can think of that is integrative is Smith Ridge in South Salem NY right over the New Canaan boarder. If I think of anyone else I will let you all know. I hope this information has been helpful.

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Thanks for your input Jamie.

JenG

Community Member
Registered
Hi Did you try Schulhof Animal Hospital in Westport.

Dr. Kris is no longer taking new patients either. What I did when I needed to look for a new veterinarian, I set up appointments with all the local veterinarians (paid their exam fee) I thought might be a fit in a 15 mile radius. I made a list of questions to ask them. For example, What is their opinion of wisely vaccinating, non chemical treatment for flea and tick protection, raw and home cooked diets, etc... If they did not have the same mine set or was not willing to work with me then I moved on to the next veterinarian on my list. I finally found one and have been very happy with Dr. Kris for 25 years now. Again it is unfortunate that he is no longer taking new patients.

The only other veterinary clinic I can think of that is integrative is Smith Ridge in South Salem NY right over the New Canaan boarder. If I think of anyone else I will let you all know. I hope this information has been helpful.
Thank you for the information, Jamie. It is really tough when you can't find someone whose philsophy you agree with. I will look into the place in Westport. I have an appt at Broad River in Norwalk where I have been a few times for just check ups, but not consistently as of late. I just need an appt for heartworm test right now and some basics!

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
YW Jen!

Weekly Digest

Weekly Digest
Subscribe/Unsubscribe
Top Bottom