• Everyone can read this forum. To post on this forum, you must be a Community or VIP member. You can register here. If you are a member, to login use your email address for the username and the same password you use for the main site. If you have problems logging in to the forum, please email support@holisticactions.com.

Looking for Holistic/Homeopathic Vet Ontario Canada

kristinrobertson6

Community Member
Registered
Hi there,

I am in search of a Holistic/Homeopathic vet that deals with cats and is not a pusher of vaccines. I live in Burlington, Ontario which is 45 minutes or so west of Toronto. I know of a vet Dr. Lisa Burgess who is NOT taking any new clients. If there are any suggestions bc it is really hard to figure out on my own. I can do the research but then after having an appointment if it is not a fit then I am back to square one and I have several cats and some health issues that need to be gotten on top of sooner rather than later. Any advice would be helpful.

Thanks, Kristin

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
Hopefully someone will have a personal recommendation, Kristin.

Most are in your position, though - they, too, "do the research but then after having an appointment if it is not a fit then I am back to square one".

Read the article, follow the prompts. Often you can evaluate before an appointment by reading the bio on the website, noting how the website is phrased, calling and speaking with the receptionist and maybe a technician. That will rule out many of them.

Then, since cats do not like going to the vet until you have trained them to love it, ask to pay for a phone consultation just to see if you and the vet are on the same page.

And, of course, homeopathic (an other holistic) vets can be your virtual vet and help you navigate the conventional if needed.

You can schedule a phone consultation with me and we can go over the possible ones and I can give you my opinion.

Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
Hi Kristin!
I have several cats and some health issues that need to be gotten on top of sooner rather than later.
Many of the well-trained vet homeopaths are happy to consult virtually as Dr. Christina mentioned (choose "phone" in this referral list).

All you need is a relatively open-minded local vet (or even an ER) that you can use for exams and diagnostics if they are needed (routine biannual physical exams are super helpful in order to deal with health challenges and maintain health).

If your kitties have any special treats that they love, then perhaps use these along with flower essences like Stress Stopper to help them enjoy going in the cat carrier and going for a short ride (not to the vet):

Also, having a supportive community to help with your Holistic Medical Decision Making will make this process of holistic and energetic care easier.

Feel free to post questions that arise.

kristinrobertson6

Community Member
Registered
Thank you for your responses. I am going to see how this week goes as I have another appointment with a vet that I took my other two cats to a couple of weeks ago. She is regular vet with some holistic as well. I wasn't sure about her after the appointment but my other cat already had an appointment booked for this wednesday so I am going to see how I feel after and if she gives me some good advice this time.

Friday's Q and A was very helpful so I think I am on the right path!

Thanks, Kristin

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
And you can always have more than one - a phone homeopath and a hands on holistic.
Dr. Christina

Dr. Jeff

Administrator
Veterinarian
You're very welcome Kristin! Thanks for coming to Friday's Q&A (it looked like you were sitting under a roller coaster!).

Dr. Christina

VIP Member
Veterinarian
If your slightly holistic vet does not work out, and for others seeking Toronto or ON vets - I did a bit of the searching part of the process you can find at select and came up with a good few. Of course, as we discuss in the article, some are not taking new clients, never kept doing the modality they studied, are booked for next 2 months, or you and your pets just do not get along well. I was surprised at the large #. Who was the one you said was not taking new patients?
ahvmamichelleKinoshitablueridgeequineclinic.com
susanHaghighat
victoriaDale- harris, CVA (ivas), NDwww.pineholisticvet.com/
biancaferenczy (Guelph)
CIVTLauraPalumbonaturopathic vet - Victoria Dale-Harris, nd, dvm
RoxanePardiac
IlanaSmolkin OVMA
JanetKnowlton, CVA, GDVCHM
SandraTaylor
kathygadd, CVA
AVHcarolynBensonwww.chartwellvet.com
RPBarbara annchidiac, CVH,CVA,CVCHchidiacanimalhospital.com